Sunday, April 18, 2004

Yesterday was so nice--being with family, playing at the park, having a nice picnic lunch! Last night we attended the Saturday night service at Belmont--something we used to do a lot. Saturday nights can be hard cause the girls need to get in bed by 7:30 or so to not be monsters on Sunday. So, we were able to stay for most of worship since it started at 6pm. Belmont was my church home before I began working at Otter Creek 8 1/2 years ago. It was such a joy to be there last night. As usual, it was rockin. My favorite Belmont worship leader, Travis Cottrell, led us and the girls had so much fun "dancing for Jesus". Maddie spotted one of the people waving a flag (some of you need resuscitation at this point) and was fascinated. She talked about it all the way home. She wants to wave a flag for Jesus. Maybe on a Celebration service night at Otter Creek? We don't want to cause any undo heart problems for anyone on Sunday mornings. :)

This morning was great. David England offered to lead worship for me since it had been a rough couple of weeks. I was able to help Sheryl get the girls ready and drive with my family to church. I can count on ONE hand the times I have been able to do that over the last 8 years. It was such a blessing! David and the team did a great job with worship. I love being able to experience OC from this perspective. I think it's always a healthy thing to do. At the end of services sweet Becky Foster came forward and shared that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. She pulled out her Bible and began to boldly share her faith and belief in God. It was POWERFUL. At the end of it she invited all those walking through trials or just in need of a touch from the Father to come and stand with her--the aisles were full of people coming down to stand with her. I love those moments.

Tonight is our Celebration service. I plan to talk a little about our role in worship and invite the congregation to take a more participative role and even some leadership. We will have an open mic at several points and they will be charged with providing scripture as we share at the table of praise--scripture of high praise or deep worship. Later in the service we will invite people to share their stories. I pray that the Spirit will really move and bless this time.

As for ZOE--photo shoot Tuesday night and then the rest is unknown. We're not sure if we are or aren't starting in the studio next weekend. I pray that this next process will bring excitement and passion and not feel draining. I welcome your prayers in that too.

God, may Your name be praised in spite of our fumblings. May Your Kingdom be advanced and help us not to be afraid of anything that might feel uncomfortable to us that would help your cause. Forgive us for being so small minded and "boxed". I believe You are everywhere--You are well outside the boxes we try and put You in, but You're in there too. Crazy. You are amazing, Lord. You meet us where we are and You extend grace and patience to lead us to new pastures. Praise Your name!

No comments: