Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Such a long day yesterday. It felt like I just watched my cell phone all day, waiting to hear word on Joe. I talked to Aaron probably 10 times yesterday. I told him I felt like I was stalking them! It's so hard to be far away.

This morning, Joe woke up about 5am and opened his eyes. He was alert enough to focus on things and follow people with his eyes, but still wasn't saying anything. Aaron called me about 9:00 and told me what was going on. He said the kids had been able to go in and spend time with him while he was more alert. I told him to tell Joe that I loved him and Aaron said, "tell him yourself!" He took the phone over to Joe and I got to talk to him for a few minutes. He wasn't able to say anything back, but I got to tell him how much I love him and how many prayers were being offered for him from Nashville. Aaron said he was responding with his eyes as I talked. That made my whole day! I was so grateful to get to talk to Joe.

Mary is moving Joe home, Lord willing, this afternoon. Hospice will come and assist them. I am so glad they are planning to do that. I think it will be much more comfortable for him there.

God, please cover Joe, Mary, Laney and Justin with Your loving hand today. Continue to fill Joe with peace and assurance. Please be with Aaron and Russ. Give them strength to get things done. Father, be with those who love Joe. Teach us how to give him back to You. Give us wisdom as we try to make decisions about travel and other things. Bless Laney and Justin in a very special way. Burn these memories deep into their hearts. Give them moments of laughter with Joe today. Father, protect them from the evil one. May this experience serve to deepen their faith in You. Speak to them, Lord. Speak clearly.

No comments: