Monday, April 05, 2004

Sunday was a good day. Sunday night we had our life group over and it was a good time of fellowship and sharing. We discussed how to put our faith into action. We talked about what we felt would connect with people who aren't "Church goers", and we talked about what kinds of things Jesus might be doing if He were here. It was a great night.

Yesterday afternoon, I got the phone call I had been waiting on. As I had imagined, Don (the older gentleman I referred to last week who I had contacted for some mentoring) had been out of the country. He frequently travels to Israel. He asked me to go walking at Radnor Lake, but since we were having people over I knew I needed to stay and help prepare everything. We did talk a bit though. It was encouraging--even just those 10 minutes. He told me he would love to play that role in my life and that he often walks with Michael W. Smith and serves as a sounding board and mentor for him. I figure if it's good enough for Smitty...please! Don has pastored so many people and has provided words of wisdom in some very difficult times for me. We plan to get together the week after Easter. He did go ahead and offer that if I were feeling tired, burned out, etc--that I was definitely doing something wrong. There's some news. I recognize my tendency to go about this life on my own strength. I know that is a struggle. I anticipate Don nailing me on that point and others. I had a feeling of thankfulness after we talked. I feel God's hand in this. I am so grateful for Don's willingness to share his time and wisdom with me.

We bought an outdoor patio set for Sheryl's birthday (coming up on April 13) at Target. It was still a little too cold to eat outside tonight so we sat at the table and just watched the patio set...sad! It's time for summer!!

No comments: