Thursday, April 08, 2004

No news yet this morning on Joe. Hospice came and helped him move home yesterday afternoon. I am so thankful that he is there now. I think it will be much more comfortable for everyone. Thank you, Lord!

Eric flew out last night to be with Joe. I am so jealous that he's there. I pray that he will be our hands and feet in encouraging all of them.

We got word that Sheryl's dad was in the hospital with what they think is congestive heart failure. Geez! When it rains, it pours! He is actually doing ok right now, but Bob has had so many heart problems that it's always serious and it's always scary for all of us.

With Bob being in the hospital, my mom coming today, and having to be here for all the Easter stuff over the next couple of days, I decided to wait to fly to Phoenix until next week. It was such a hard decision. I literally was vacillating back and forth every 30 minutes yesterday. Poor Aaron and Russ. I think I drove them crazy trying to get help deciding. I want to see Joe so badly, but my guess is with everything else happening here with Bob and stuff, he'd tell me to stay put. I think by going next week I might be in a better place to offer some ministry too. He knows I love him and I know he loves me. Being able to communicate to him by phone yesterday was very meaningful for me. That helped.

ZOE met last night with Tedd Kidd to work on a video for the Smiths. I think it will be a good thing. It was heart wrenching for everyone. Tedd and I had a great talk about the mysteries of life and why God allows certain things to happen. Tedd lost his wife suddenly a couple of years ago--she was in her 40's too.

Rehearsal went extremely well last night. The choir sounds amazing! The songs are working perfectly. Clarissa has outdone herself with these arrangements. I wrote about the song "For All You've Done" recently. (O, Cleanser of the mess I've made...) It sounds so great! What powerful lyrics!

This morning I have felt overwhelmed with blessings. My daughter was singing with the ZOE live CD on the way to school. I looked back at her and she had her eyes closed and was really "into" it. It was so cute. She had her head up sort of Stevie Wonder style and was just worshipping! What a blessing. Then, I sat at my computer this morning and read an email from a dear brother in Nashville and felt so thankful and blessed to have the gift of friendship in my life. God is good. He really is. Even in times of confusion and doubt, He gives us sign after sign--word after word--reminding us of His faithfulness in our lives.

Thank you, Father. Thank you for friendship. Thank you for Joe, thank you for Daren. Thank you for Aaron and Russ and all those who are hurting right now. Thank you for Mary, Laney and Justin and the faithfulness they are exhibiting as they deal with this difficult time. Thank you for Sheryl--her undying love and devotion to me and our girls. Thank you for Amanda and all those who minister to us so faithfully. You overwhelm me, Father. Thank you!

No comments: