Saturday, April 17, 2004

We had a blast last night on our road trip to Huntsville, AL. We all rode in Reco's Land Rover--Sheryl and I were crammed in the back--plenty to laugh about. Mark Schultz opened for Avalon. We didn't know we'd get to see Mark too. Mark is a great guy. He's performed at Otter several times and our youth love him. Avalon was amazing. Wow. Jana is 9 months pregnant and still singing her guts out. Jody was awesome. We were so proud of him. Stephanie (his wife) was there with her family. We hadn't gotten to see Stephanie in a while either. It was a great reunion. Jody has 6 more shows and then comes home for a while. I know he's ready. It will be great to have him back in town. He convinced us to sponsor a child through World Vision. We thought it would be cool for Maddie and Ella. Her name is Chantal. She's from the Dominican.

We are diving into our next recording project with ZOE. I can hardly believe it. The record is due in June so we have a lot of work to do. We already have a couple of great songs but right now, that's priority. FINDING SONGS! If any of you have any submissions or ideas, let me know.

Still chewing on so many thoughts birthed out of reading McLarin. ( I have typed 7 or 8 sentences to follow this one and decided to erase them all. Sometimes chewing isn't pretty to watch. And right now, I'm not sure I can "chew" with my mouth closed.)

Daren stopped by this morning. Again, I am reminded and blessed by the idea of brotherhood and friendship. God has been good to us. It's gorgeous outside. Time to go play!

Father, please bless Mary. Laney and Justin today. I pray that they would have continued confidence on your healing power. I pray that the loneliness would be overtaken by your presence. I pray that you would give them rest and the peace that goes beyond our comprehension.

No comments: