Saturday, April 24, 2004

We got up this morning and went to the Flea Market at the Nashville Fair Grounds. Lots of cool stuff. The best thing about going to a flea market is not having any money to spend. It's purely for sport. What money we had went to hot dogs, nachos, cheetos, and a slurpie. Clearly we have our priorities in balance.

I found out last night that we are booked to sing at The Shepherd of the Hills Church in Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. We were originally going to be doing the "Hour of Power" at the Crystal Cathedral, but since it was Mother's Day, it didn't work out. Shepherd of the Hills is a large Christian church--5-6000 people. It should be a really interesting experience. I have a lot to do still to be ready to leave for Malibu.

My mom took a few days to drive through the hill country in Texas. She spent the night in Fredericksburg, a small German community with lots of cool antique shops and amazing restaurants. Today she is in Groesbeck. That little town has a lot of history for our family. My great grandfather was a State Representative and powerful figure in his community back in his day. Most of my relatives on my father's side are all buried there--dating way back. My dad is also buried there. I think Mom is going to spend some time today at the cemetery and with my aging great aunt Ruby. I am so glad Mom takes time to go do things like that. She inspires me to enjoy every moment we're alive.

Thank you, Lord, for my family. Thank you for the way I can see my dad's goofy smile when Maddie smiles at me. Thank you for the way I see my grandmother at times in Ella's twinkling eyes. Thank you for giving me a wife who I enjoy doing things with. Thank you for the gift of marriage. Thank you for times when we can just enjoy being together and enjoy the warmth of the love You've given us for each other.

No comments: