Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I am preparing to leave for Phoenix. I am filled with emotion...joy to be with my friends there, and sadness at the reality I know will sink in while I am there. The sadness is purely selfish because we all know that Joe is MUCH better off. He's where he's always wanted to be. What a comfort to know he is in the arms of Jesus.

Funny story--Maddie woke up from her nap yesterday-- obviously still dreaming. As Sheryl leaned over her bed Maddie said, "Mommy, you wanna be like a broccoli and go like this?" (She lifted one arm up over her shoulder and made a claw with her fingers.) Nutty.

I won't blog again until Thursday. Today is my lovely wife's birthday. If anyone would like to send her birthday greetings, please do! Sherylthomas@earthlink.net She is so gracious to send me to Phoenix. Thankfully, she's in good hands with Amanda, Jill and Kim. Such sweet friends! What gifts we all have in relationships! We are rich beyond measure.

No comments: