Sunday, September 19, 2004

too many stories from the weekend to write right now. Just wanted to share a couple of cool worship moments from today.

1. Otter was awesome this morning. Rubio spoke and was just fantastic. He talked about spiritual adultery and used some of the passages out of Proverbs. It was wonderful!

2. I am LOVING the new kids praise CD I bought for Maddie and Ella. We listen in the car all the time. I think it's Integrity--but it's called "Here I Am To Worship". Anyway, after lunch at a "meat & three" with the Williamsons, we went back to the hotel. Before we went swimming Maddie was jumping on the bed and singing in time--"Here I am to 'weership', here I am to bow down, here I am to say that you're my God..." the entire chorus over and over, louder and louder. She is my praise dancer.

3. Tonight as I am running copies of the folio music for the ZOE team before our rehearsal, I went out and enjoyed a bit of the service of the Church of the Redeemer (who meets in our sanctuary on Sunday nights). It's neat to see what God is doing there.

4. Tonight we are engaging in a night of prayer about our building campaign. It will be a powerful time. One of our Elders this morning said, "When people get together to pray we can expect the miraculous, and to be blessed beyond our wildest dreams." I think that is so true.

Have a great night!

3 comments:

John Owens said...

BST, you are so blessed to have Rubio. He is one of the most sincere, passionate worshippers around. I've had opportunites to lead with him in the audience, and he always leads me to worship. He did our retreat at Greater Atl Christian (GAC) last month and did a fabulous job, so I'm sure you guys were indeed blessed this morning. Looking forward to the folio. I need songs/sheet music for chapel. Thanks, bro.

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy that kids praise and worship cd? I'd love one.

SG said...

Kolby's favorite CD (over the Disney princess CD and the Kim Possible Soundtrack) hands down is Integrity Music/Sony Wonders "Shout to the Lord Kids" that we bought at Target. Her favorite song is #9 My Heart, Your Home. I know this song came out in 97' and isn't played much anymore, but you have never heard a more beautiful song coming from the lips of a five or six year old. "Come and make my heart your home.Come and be everything I am and all I know. Search me through and through 'till my heart becomes a home for you..." is the sweetest thing I have ever heard from the back seat of the MV!