Sunday, September 26, 2004

Phillip Duncan is leading this morning. I am involved in the service, but taking a vocal break. For that, I an grateful. Phillip will do a great job!

I got an email from the ACU alumni office saying I am supposed to send photos, memorabilia, etc for the glass case in the student center. That freaks me out. However, it's caused me to think and search through stuff. Seems like I have been doing a lot of that lately.

I am a blessed man. Although I am an only child, God has gifted me with many siblings. Dear brothers and sisters in Christ. My college roommates, who are still my dearest friends, and I have shared 15+ years together of life, death, marriage, children, you name it. We still talk regularly and share humorous stories as well as very deep prayer needs. They have been brothers to me through many trials and victories. Here are some funny pictures of us through the years--Stephen Bailey (wife Stephanie), Craig Fisher (wife, Beth Ann), and Chris Doggett (wife Karen). Affectionately known as SAB, Fish and Dog.




Another dear family to me who I'll get to see--the Dicksons. Kyle and I have pictures of each other at our 5th birthday party. It's been a long friendship. Again--a brother given by God. Kyle and Camille (and Kyle's extended family) are deeply woven into my memories. Here's a great picture of them taken this year.


We are all blessed. We are a part of a family much larger than we realize. Today we celebrate FAMILY with each other. We will eat and drink of the body and blood of Christ. What a feast! What a family reunion! We share that blood between us--taking into account for all our failings. We are connected. What a blessing! Commune in joy today, dear blog family.

3 comments:

SG said...

Love the pictures! I think Dogget gets the most unchanged award. Does his hair even move? :) Wow, your life in a glass case. Pretty wild BST! I can't remeber if they did that when we were in school.
I am so jealous of all this talk about a blog table etc. at the Zoe. I would love to meet all my blog sibblings. Next year! Blessings! ;)

Mae said...

FYI, Clarissa is having a blog family union/reunion at her table, along w/ more info on what she's teaching.

Clarissa said...

To all those folks who keep asking about a blog corner at the conference, I will have a table there in the foyer area, and I'll have a blog sign-in spot there. Feel free to come by and meet fellow bloggers, or see which ones are there. (I also want to talk with folks about arranging songs if anyone needs that service!)