Wednesday, September 29, 2004


"Let Your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your promise." Psalm 119:41

Last night I had some good prayer and think time. Most of it was in the middle of the night, but hey, it's cool with me. I struggle with perfectionism. It pervades many areas of my life. I have been working to overcome the negative implications of that. Spiritually, it can be debilitating. In marriage, it can be just as hurtful. There's nothing wrong with giving it your best, but God has been teaching me over the last 15 years that I am completely powerless without Him. I am not sure I believed it. I tried it on my own for a while and still have the scars to prove my stupidity. I am nothing without Christ. I cannot work my way into His heart. I cannot perform in such a way to win His love. He doesn't forgive my sin if I am extra creative. He doesn't call me His son if I plan the most moving worship service. The deal is sealed. Just like Maddie and Ella are mine. I am His. It's a tough concept and I find myself having to be reminded of it over and over again.

The girls have had colds for a week. Sheryl and I are now the proud owners of them. Please pray for quick healing. For whatever reason--actually, I think we all know the reason--the colds have settled in our throats. We're just praying that God will banish them from our bodies.

Our Father offers His steadfast love in abundance. His salvation is a gift because of the great price Jesus paid. Take a moment today to thank Him and then put it into action in some way. Extend a hand. Stop and engage someone in conversation in a way that let's them see you care for them. Offer a cup of cold water--figuratively or literally. Renew your saltiness today.

3 comments:

SG said...

I am humbled and convicted by your thoughts today. Thank you. Prayers for a healthy Brandon and Sheryl are on the way up!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the words Brandon, you keep me going each day.

Also, I just wanted to advertise my new Blog. johnpaullewis.blogspot.com Check it out.

Blessings,

J.P.

Anonymous said...

kill yourself.