Friday, September 10, 2004

Good grief! Will everyone please continue to encourage Mike to write his book! With blog posting like the one he wrote today--click here--it's just completely obvious what a great bold and Godly leader Mike is. Thanks, Mike!

Not much time to write--I know some of you like Russ are glad that you won't have to wade through a 3000 word essay today.

Just one quick note. I had such an enjoyable lunch with Stephanie and Martha Kate yesterday. Enjoyable doesn't begin to describe it. Somehow we reverted to 12 years ago--laughing and carrying on like we were 22. Our poor server. Surely she must have wondered if we were EVER planning to leave. It's so cool to get back with old friends...especially when each has been on a journey and is rich with stories of the Lord and His movement. It was such a blessing. So many funny memories too. I remember being in the van on tour with MK singing across the country and video taping her as drove into Alabama--she will die that I'm printing this. This was back when Gene (her dad) was still the coach at Alabama. MK boldly stated that she needed to "make herself beautiful for the people of Alabama! "When I reminded her of that she blushed and said--"Surely I did NOT say that!" HA! Well, it's the bringing together of funny stories and also stories of heartache and faith struggle that makes getting together with old friends such a blessing.

I am working all day on the ZOE Conference and our Christmas show. I've been on the phone with Jeff Berry in Abilene and Victor from the Temple church to see if they could possibly join us in doing the Christmas thing. I am getting more excited about it. Please keep praying for the ZOE conference--coming up in 3 short weeks. YIKES! Help me, Lord! I need to feel more ready!

4 comments:

SG said...

MK would kill you for blogging that ...but you are safe for awhile because I don't see her going bog savy on us anytime soon.

"When God puts you in a situation you are ready for it. His plans and timing are always perfect."Stanley Shipp

That always gives me some ease in a crunch. Don't work too hard! :)

CL said...

Brandon, I am with you! God bless you on all of the planning and work you are doing!!! Great things!

JD said...

Today I received DESPERATE ... and it's been blaring out of my speakers ever since. (And I was surprised to find TWO copies in the envelope, since I pre-ordered. That is beyond cool.)On the first thee listenings... WHO AM I? is the one that caught my heart ... wow. Fantastic ... thank you so much! Keep up the great work. Gushingly yours, John.

RD said...

326 words. Good job Brandon.
Russ