Sunday, September 05, 2004

Jeff made it to Hollywood!Here was Simon's quote to him... "you've got everything Clay Aiken's got but more- you're authentic!!" I would also add that he isn't nearly as goofy as Clay Aiken. Bless his heart. So, watch for Jeff Johnson this fall and keep those phone lines ringing!

Last night during bath time for the girls Maddie was cracking me up. I was washing her hair saying, "Maddie, where'd you get such pretty hair?!" She quickly replied, "Jesus brought it to me." I said, "Yes He did!" And she said, "Yeah, he was just up there makin' my hair and singin' and doing stuff." It just cracked me up.

We had a blast with the Williamsons on Friday and had a great family day yesterday. We even went to the dreaded "mawl"...but not the "Coo Sprangs Mawl". We Went to the "Green He-al's Mawl" this time.

This morning we are talking about temptation and how important it is to keep our eyes on the goal. Fixing our eyes on Jesus...such powerful words that I love to hear and try to soak in, and yet struggle to implement daily. I want to be so immersed in Him. I want my thoughts, my actions, my words, and my motives to be baptized in His presence. That's the desire of my heart. I fall short of that goal every single day. Thank the Lord for His grace and mercy.

We are singing some good songs this morning. Thanks to Murray's granddad for "Be With Me Lord". What great lyrics and music! Sheryl is also singing a song off our new CD called "So Are You to Me". It's by East Mountain South and the CD itself isn't really a Christian CD, but you'd never know it. We're sandwiching that song between 2 different verses of "My Jesus I Love Thee" and it really works well. We're also doing some other good ones like "Joyful Joyful, We Adore Thee", "A New Anointing", "Lord You Have My Heart", and "Have Mercy On Me O God".

May the Lord bless your time in worship today--whether it's in Africa in a hut, in a small house church somewhere, in a building full of people who act like they don't really need Jesus, but are dying inside, or wherever you are. I pray that your experience will be one, as Foster says in Celebration of Discipline, where "Spirit touches spirit." In other words, where we are engaged and allow the Spirit of God to minister to our hearts as we proclaim truths about our Father.

4 comments:

CL said...

Brandon,

Susan and I really enjoyed the worship this morning. We wish we could be with you every week. God was deinitely working there this morning! Awesome, God bless!

CL said...

By the way our daughter Hayden loved it too, she had much to say throughout the service.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Chris-
Why didn't you come find me? I would love to have talked with you. Thanks for being there. Come back!

judy thomas said...

Oh, my dear friend Laura Oldenburg----You take spirit-led care wherever you go---you are wrapped in it and you exude it always.