Tuesday, September 21, 2004



This spoke to me today. As I look at it I am reminded that I am commissioned to seek the Lord. Seek His face always. Look to Him and He will make me radiant. Seek Him first over all others. Love the light. Run from darkness. Allow God to burn up all that is unholy in me. Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find. Knock and watch the doors open. But seek first the KINGDOM. Yikes--that means self denial, a life of service, a letting go of the things that grab my attention here on earth, and embracing the life of the cross. Why do I struggle so much to plant myself firmly in the middle of these tenants?

Help me, Lord. I resist transformation. I need your peace. I allow myself to feel overwhelmed by things that are not the core of what you've called me to. I ask for your hand to cover me these next two weeks. I need wisdom, creativity, discernment, energy, and stamina. I feel like I lack almost all of those today. I'm counting on your power being perfected in my weakness. Thank you for using me in spite of me.

3 comments:

Beaner said...

This picture actually freaked me out! To me it looked very impersonal - I know it was probably meant to portray an "everyman" image, but it looks a little robotic & cold to me. Maybe that is what is speaking to me. I would have loved to see the beauty of the human face. We can portray so much love just by how we look at people passing by. My prayer today is that anyone reading this will at least smile & make eye contact with EVERY person you pass on the street, in the store, at work, etc. A little human contact goes a long way.
Not only love the light, but BE the light.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Sorry Beaner--didn't mean to freak anyone out. It's art--subject to interpretation. I can see how you felt that way though. I think my blank feeling yesterday had something to do with how I related to it.

Beaner said...

Don't worry about freaking me out (I have a Major in Theatre so being freaked out is not new to me !) I would love to hear other's interpretations of this piece as well. Good Luck getting all the Zoe stuff done - last year was AWESOME & I'm sad to miss this year, but my hubby will more than fill me in!