Sunday, August 01, 2004

We had a great day in Birmingham. What a great group of people! It was so fun to see old friends too. Lynn Anderson has been a father figure for many many years...back to childhood days. His son and I competed against each other in High School track, he was the preacher at Highland for many years, then at Preston Rd. where I attended some in the mid nineties, and has remained a dear friend ever since. It was great seeing him and other Abilene buds like David Wray, Joey Cope and Charlie Siburt. I also got to visit some with Greg Miles and Kip Long, two worship leaders I really love.

The worship time was powerful--not because of anything we did. It was evident that people had come with a sense of holy expectancy. The Spirit of God was in that place. It made me think this morning about how different all of our churches would be if we came like that every single week. With a sense of anticipation wondering what God will do in our midst today. Too often Sunday mornings are more like a programmed response.

I couldn't resist kissing Maddie this week and have, in turn, come down with her cold. Last night I had the whole chill, snotty, overall yucky sensation. This morning will be interesting. I have a great team today and plan on relying on them a lot.

I am thankful for a safe trip yesterday, but more thankful that we experienced such a blessing from God in worshiping with our extended family in Birmingham. Blessings to all of you. It was so cool to finally meet TL,and DJG who often comment. It's weird how this blog community feels so much like home. It was great seeing Ed Harrell and Craig Kelley and others who were such an encouragement in visiting afterwards. I am grateful to the Lord for all of you!

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Brandon, Saturday was such a blessing for me. I still feel pumped up and ready to go worship God today. It was great to finally meet you and to reconnect with other friends. I am so looking forward to seeing you all again in Nashville. Thanks for the wonderful worship experience.

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like I should've identified myself in Birmingham as a fellow blogger. The Thursday thru Saturday National Shepherding Conference was great -- but ZOE was instrumental (can I even say that amongst cofC?) in creating a wonderful atmosphere of worship and praise Saturday afternoon. Ya'll are such a blessing to our brotherhood; we appreciate your perseverance to bring God's children to the foot of His throne.

I got too busy after the worship time -- I meant to ask you for a resource for the Dick Hoyt video. I attended PK in Atlanta last year, and saw the story there - but PK was not offering it as a resource, and their own DVD recordings skipped over it. So - HELP!

Thanks again, Brandon (and his gang) for all you do.