Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Tonight we celebrated with friends. Ryan and Sarah Williamson have returned to Tennessee! Friends like George and Merritt Rowe, Adrian and Shelly Church, Lance and Juliet Bridgesmith, Darah and David, Ryan's mom and dad, Byron and Beth and all our kids gathered to celebrate their return.

It was fun talking with George. His new album is due out later this year produced by Michael W. Smith. His experience with Rocket Town Records has been great. I love that guy. He has a great way of telling stories. It had been a while since we had gotten to see them.

When I was in 9th grade, I "went out" with Wendy Wray (now Wendy Ogren--married John Ogren from Harding). Wendy is Ryan's first cousin. That was my first introduction to the Williamson clan. Ryan was a junior higher. He and Wendy shared a MaMaw--who I still call MaMaw to this day. Katherine Witherspoon is one of the most beautiful, poised women over 80 you'll ever meet.

Eventually, Ryan came to ACU, pledged Gamma Sigs, and became even more of a friend and brother. When I moved to Dallas and performed at Six Flags, Ryan's parents lived there. Byron was the president of WORD Publishing in Dallas. Their home became one of my homes away from home. Beth was a such an encouragement! A couple of months after I moved to Nashville, WORD moved Byron to Nashville. It was my greatest dream! I had family here! My mom and I spent holidays eating, playing games, laughing and having fun with the Williamsons. They hosted our pre-wedding family gathering at their home, they have loved our kids as they've joined the family, they've been counselors and parents to us on many occasions.

When Ryan and Sarah moved here around 1997, it seemed too good to be true. Then Walt Disney called and they moved to Los Angeles. We were so bummed. In our wedding program I remember having printed a note to Ryan (a groomsman) saying "MOVE BACK!!" It's taken 6 years, but they're baaaaaack! Praise the Lord! We've enjoyed so much our visits with them in Malibu. Sheryl and Sarah's friendship has developed in ways that have been so cool to watch. Ryan and Sarah have both remained the "speed dial" type of friends even after 6 years of cross country distance and tonight we got to celebrate their move to Nashvegas! Their new house is only about 5 minute from us. It couldn't be better! Adrian and Shelley (Ryan's little sister...and mine too) were here as well. They will be Nashvillians by next July, Lord willing. I have often wanted to print the link to Adrian's blog, but haven't yet. It's not for the faint of heart. Adrian is the chief resident at an ER in Kansas City. His blog is of weekly enjoyment to me, but isn't for everyone. If you're brave, check it out... Adrian's blog. There are some stories there that will make you cringe and laugh hysterically.

It was a great night. I just can't believe we are gathering friends and family in Nashville--the Williamsons, my mom! Crazy! Maybe the end is near.

Tonight, I am grateful for friends. As Sheryl is out having desert with Amanda and we have both come off a dinner of such joy filled celebration, it's easy to feel grateful. In the midst of conflict and other stuff going on, the Lord is reminding me of the joys of relationship--true relationship. We are really blessed.

Have a great night, everyone.

3 comments:

JD said...

Adrian's blog is awesome...thanks for sharing the link with us. Thanks for sharing your life with us through this blog... friends are a great blessing.

Quiara said...

I love the way you love people. It makes me smile.

Glad things are going so well.

Beaner said...

If you like real-life medical stuff w/humor added, then you might like a book called 'Stiffs' by Mary Roach. It's stories about cadavers that is supposed to be informative & funny. I haven't read it yet, but I'm dying to. Tee Hee.