Sunday, August 22, 2004

The 23rd Psalm...in Maddie-ese.

The Lord is my Shepherd
I not want
He makes me lie down in greens paaaastures (lots of drawl)
He leads me beside still "woaters"
He stores my soul.
Even when I walk through the valley...of the shadow...of death
I not be afraid
cause God is WITH me
His rod and His staff they comfort me
He prepares a table..."Daddy, I have a table downstairs" (every single time)
for me in the presence of my enemies
He anoints my head with oil
My cup overflows
Surely goodness...and mercy...will follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for-EVER.
Amen. (pronounced Aye-Meee-in)

Sweet words I get to hear just about every night. When Maddie was born we included on her birth announcement the scripture from the Psalms about how "God has ordained praise from the lips of infants." It's so true. Her prayers, her heart for God, her honesty before the Lord all encourage me greatly.

Thank you, Lord for bringing me to worshiping You through my children. I could never have imagined the beauty.

Good night everyone.

5 comments:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Loved your post! Tonight, I was driving the car and singing to (as we usually do) some children's praise and worship CD. On this one song, one kid sings and the others echo. When we got home, my oldest son Tyler kept singing the song in his 3 year old way. I started doing the echo part and he kept singing the main part. For a moment there, I just praised God with my son and it was great !! (until he started giggling at the sound of Daddy's not-so-beautiful voice!! HA)

judy thomas said...

Thanks for sending that prayer--that is why I am moving to Nashville--to be closer to that. I loved it!!! Nonnie

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

good catch, Kent. It had been a long day--my mind was jello. Happy Monday, everyone. Time to play.

Anonymous said...

Brandon,

Don Heyen sent me your blog on something called blog world. Now I too am a blog junkie. It is great to get a window into your life as a Christian leader and Dad. I have truly been blessed to read your blog along with Randy and Donny's and really feel like I am getting to know each of you better than I did in school. I finally had to break down and write tonight because of what you wrote about Maddie. Very sweet.
My youngest son Ryan, who started kindergarten last week, just amazes me with his insight in to what he sees and hears and his relationship to God. The other day he said Dad "only childwen can enter the kingdom of heaven not adults, right? I then realized he was talking about a video he had just watched, where Jesus explained who would be the greatest in Heaven, and I had to explain that adults could go too it was just that we must change our hearts to be open, honest, trusting and loving like a child. A good heart his grandmother added." It is just a whole lot harder for us, huh? At least for me. God Bless! Thanks for sharing your heart. It is greatly encouraging! Kirk Findley

JD said...

Our kids do teach us a lot. My 15 year old son is teaching me about having a bold faith that is not afraid. I am amazed sometimes when I overhear him talking to his friends on the phone about God's will for our lives. Your Maddie sounds like a sweetie.