Sunday, August 22, 2004

For the second time, our pictorial directory photog had to cancel. This means huge headaches for Holly and Trina who end up having to make lots of calls and field even more questions. Oh well. Thankfully, our Saturday didn't have to be planned around the dreaded pictorial directory.

We went out to see how my mom's house was coming along. We were completely surprised! The walls were all up, windows in, and the roofers were putting on shingles. We walked through it and could just picture where everything would be placed. As we drove into the subdivision I tried to imagine my mom living in there. I can still not even picture it. It will be such an amazing thing to have her here! I just still can't believe it's happening.

I have forced myself not to write about the Olympics over the last few days, but trust me, I've been just as addicted. Wow! That relay race last night was so amazing. Sheryl's last words before the race were, "We're going to sleep right after this race, right?" I think my blood pressure had doubled and any sleepiness that once existed had now been replaced by adrenaline. It was awesome.

I also love track and field. I ran the 400 and mile relay way back when. I was a fast little booger back then, but have slowed as of late. Our male sprinters were really incredible. Great times and great form. Can someone please explain the fingernail thing with Deavers? What in the world. I know it's been her trademark, but that's just a little gross. Sorry to any fingernail lovers out there. I have struggled with biting my fingernails for years. It's like a feast to my eyes. Ok, I just grossed myself out.

This morning we are talking about the calling of the 12. Formative times in the ministry of Jesus. I am looking forward to it. I borrowed this from the Common Book of Prayer to use as a benediction today. I re-worded it a bit to make the language more understandable. I'll close with it.

We ask You, Almighty God, that the words which we have heard this day with our outward ears, may, through Your grace, be so grafted inwardly in our hearts, that they may bring forth in us the fruit of good living, to the honor and praise of Your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.



No comments: