Thursday, August 19, 2004

This morning was Snoopy Day for Maddie at school. (Parent/child orientation) It was great! Dele Wilcher and Diana Reed will be her teachers. I love them so much and can't believe we have the gift of their love and teaching this year for Maddie.

I found this in the Common Book of Prayer today. I thought it was so great. I'll try and post more later if my day gets any less hectic.

For Church Musicians and Artists

O God, whom saints and angels delight to worship in heaven: Be ever present with your servants who seek through art and music to perfect the praises offered by your people on earth; and grant to them even now glimpses of your beauty, and make them worthy at length to behold it unveiled for evermore; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

3 comments:

judy thomas said...

Those Anglicans know how to pray! Beautiful!

Carlos said...

Beautiful -never heard a prayer with the word 'artist' in it :-)

I also like the job description: to perfect the praises -grant glimpses of your beauty

JD said...

I hope you do have a chance to post some more.