Thursday, September 07, 2006

OK...as an intro to this posting, I should tell you that Maddie is one of the most pure hearted people I know. Sometimes she doesn't even get potty jokes. So, that makes things she actually says accidentally even funnier.

Maddie loves descriptive words. In the last year she began adding an "er" to the ends of words to make them more descriptive. One day I was choosing her clothes and we were in a hurry. (The girl has an opinion--always. If I'm choosing her clothes what I've learned to do no is give her at least 2 options and if I don't she'll actually say, "Give me some options.") I chose her outfit and told her to get dressed quickly. She was a little cranky that morning and was throwing a little fit. I kept thinking...what's the big deal? Finally, in a tormented cry she said, "YOU'RE SUCH A PICKER!!" (it sounded like "pecker") I about lost my teeth.

I said, "EXCUSE ME??" And she responded, "You're such a PICKER! You ALWAYS like to pick what I wear." Oooooohhh...piiiiicker. Got it. (Didn't like the tone...but got it.)

Then in Chattanooga visiting Paul and Jill, it was Ella's turn to ride in the car with Mack. Maddie was furious (and tired after a long day and little sleep). She cried and I asked her what was wrong. "Ella's such a rider." And, actually, she was right. Ella was a rider.

Last night, Ella was being hilarious. She kept making funny jokes in bed and the girls were laughing at each other. I kept sprinkling pretend salt on Ella's arm and pretending to eat it like corn on the cob. Maddie was just rolling on her bed belly laughing. Then she said..."Ella, you're such a CRACKER!" I about died. Seriously. I wanted to fall on the floor. Ella said in her wee smoky voice, "I'm not a craaackerrr!" Then Maddie said, "You always crack me up! You're a CRACKER!"

So, in case anyone was wondering, in my opinion, both of these girls are crackers. They constantly crack me up. WHAT FUN!

PS: Had an AWESOME breakfast today with Chris Seidman and Grant Boone. Oh my goodness. (Ty..be afraid. Be very afraid.) It was so fun to laugh with those guys and then get to talk serious heart stuff. Old friends are such a treasure.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

One of God's wonders: the gift of language--and English is probably the most flexible!

ginger said...

Thanks for these tidbits, they crack me up too!! In several more years (mine are 27 and 25) you will cherish these memories like you won't believe!! Keep 'em coming because cracking up is good for the soul!!
Thanks for being good to our souls!!

Dwiggy444 said...

I absolutely LOVE these stories about your kids! Your family sounds like a lot of fun and I'm sure your kids are going to grow up with lots and lots of great memories. And if they don't remember all the details when they're grown up, you can just send them a link to your blog. ;-)

Thanks for sharing these precious glimpses "behind the veil".

Katey said...

I believe I've been told I was a "teller" because I told Maddie to pick up her toys last time I kept them. Sometimes it gets highly entertaining at your house.