Thursday, September 21, 2006

Eric Wyse and I are working on a hymns project for Family Christian Bookstores. (Some of them with the Prague Symphony...absolutely breathtaking.) It's 150 of America's top hymns...6 CDs worth plus a book of hymn stories. CRAZY! Do you have any idea how many that really is? Sheryl and I were going through some masters last night and working on the project. 150. I kept thinking...wow, we've got a lot here and would count them up--90 or so. 150. Yep. What are your favorite hymns? I'll bet they're on there.

Here are just a few of mine...
--O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
--This is My Father's World (my dad's favorite)
--Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
--Beneath the Cross of Jesus
--O Sacred Head
--Father of Mercies
--Father and Friend, Thy Light Thy Love

ZOE rehearsal went well last night. We're getting ready for the conference. Please be in prayer for Philip and Amy Organ. (Philip sang bass on the recording this year and will be singing at the conference.) Amy's mom has cancer and it's not good. Please pray for healing and peace for that family.

9 comments:

Jeff said...

That sounds like an awesome project. My favorites are:

- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- It Is Well With My Soul
- Abide with Me
- Near to the Heart of God

- anything with a fun bass line, like:

"Salvation has been brought down (oh glory)..."

"Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus, Deeper than the mighty, rolling sea..."

"He bore it all that I might live"

"Ring out (merrily ring) the news (wonderful news)..."

and Song #728b

(just kidding on those last ones, but they do bring back good memories)

MichaelPolutta said...

Just a few

-- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
-- Angels We Have Heard On High
-- Jesus, Lover Of My Soul
-- Holy, Holy, Holy
-- Blest Be The Tie
-- Nearer, Still Nearer

cwinwc said...

Thanks for the dates on the Florida Conference. We'll be there.

Thurman8er said...

Have you ever noticed that one of the themes from "Lord of the Rings" is the melody from the first line of "This Is My Father's World?"

Just wondering.

I would list my favorite hymns but we don't have that kind of time.

Eric Livingston said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric Livingston said...

If I had to pick just one, I'd probably go with "Be Still My Soul". The melody is beautiful, and it reminds us that God is always faithful as we journey through His story.

Drew Battistelli said...

Can't wait for ZOE. Come Worship Christ the King had me out of my computer chair almost immediatley dancing and praising. Also, Rising & Holy Is The Lord!

It's definitley adding some dynamics and texture to the ZOE collection of music. Thanks for the years you've put into it and send along thanks to the ZOE team and Randy.

Drew Battistelli said...

hymn choice:

Be Thou My Vision

DANNY PROCTOR said...

There are certain songs that just instantly move me to tears ... the lyrics, certain chords and harmonies, the sweetness of the message ...

O Heart Bowed Down With Sorrow
Blest Be the Tie
It Is Well With My Soul
O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go
In the Hush of Early Morning
Just As I Am
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Blessed Assurance
O Sacred Head Now Wounded

... and so many more.