Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11. I remember exactly when we learned...watching the Today show as Sheryl nursed baby Maddie. It's hard to believe 5 years have passed. My thoughts are with those families today.

We had a great weekend! Saturday night my mom took us to see Big River--one of my all time favorite musicals. It was an awesome production! It brought back lots of memories of my senior year at ACU when I was in Big River. I was remembering all the fun people in that cast--Donjalea, Mark Reeves, Kimberly (Meador) Condor, Jennifer Money and Brad Crisp, Jim Brown, Kyle Dickson, Bethany Brooks, Charlci Conatser, Dawn Swearingin, The Neblit, T. Clark Miller, Jennifer Langford, and so many more! It was a blast! (Sorry for mutilating the spelling of names...I know I did.)

Sunday morning we had some men from our mission in Kenya--Made in the Streets--visiting with us. They led us in communion thoughts. It was a cool morning.

The Glory Bugles were last night. It was a huge success! We had a packed house and collected a lot of money for our inner-city Wayne Reed center. The Bugles were hilarious! It was fun seeing the whole thing in context. A couple of my favorite songs..."Heaven Yes, HELL NO", and "Have You Heard From Peter's Rooster?"

Disney Channel...mornings..the Doodle Bops. Is anyone else frightened by them? It's like going back to my theme park days. But worse. The blue guy gives me nightmares.

just a few more weeks til ZOE!! If you haven't yet, go register! You can also order the new ZOE CD... click here to register... ZOE Conference registration and information

6 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

As for the Doodlebop thing, it is incidious. Just you wait and one day, unsolicited you will begin singing.."lets get on the bus..."

Christy said...

I get scared by the Doodle Bops too. Their hands are what freak me out!!!

Pearson Family said...

It is the orange one the gives me the creeps! I try to avoid the channel at all costs when they are on.

Craig said...

I told Beth Ann on Saturday that I don't get the Doodle Bops. I am frightened. It is wrong. All 3 of them give me the creeps. How do they play their instrumnets with those fingers? How many kids will have nightmares because of the weird Doodle Bops? They act so silly and then they rock out on stage. Creepy

Matt Elliott said...

My kids love the DB's. "But it's okay because we both like different things," right? ;-)

Phil said...

The DoodleBops freak me out completely. I think it's because their hair reminds me of someone's... Who is it? Someone that does a lot of treatment to their hair... Right on the tip of my tongue...