Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In the news...

Mike summed up some world events brilliantly by saying... "Several fundamentalist Muslims, angered by the Pope's statements that some parts of Islam are violent, have responded in violent retaliation. Thankfully, many moderates of their faith are pointing out the tiny inconsistency in their objections."

This whole thing is so bizarre to me.

In family news, my mom is still in Abilene. Maddie got to talk to her on the phone this morning. The kids are missing her a lot. Sam is really trying to start walking. He is basically willing himself not to at this point. Sheryl and I are getting geared up for the ZOE weekend coming up in a couple of weeks. We're looking forward to seeing you all.

This year we will take the conference on the road to the West Coast as always but we're adding Lubbock, TX in March and Orlando, FL in June. We hope to see all of you in one of those spots!

8 comments:

cwinwc said...

Hi Brandon. I'm a Florida Boy. Do you have a date and place for the Florida Conference? Thanks.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Yes...Metro Church June 7-10 2007

Jennifer said...

Lubbock? Why not Dallas?

Katherine said...

Because Lubbock rocks!! :) Wow, I am so excited that you are doing a conference in Lubbock-I am so there!! When and where is that going to take place?

Arlene Kasselman said...

Yeah Lubbock. I will not make it to Nashville this year, the first time in 5 years - I hate it. But, Amarillo is only 1 1/2 hours from Lubbock so we will see you in March. Any details yet? Please let us know if we can help you in any way with things in the Panhandle.

Rick J said...

I'll really miss not being in Nashville again this year after making all the other conferences, but I am so thankful that the Fresno edition is growing and flourishing... such a blessing for those of us "out west." I'll be praying for you guys in October.

Hoots Musings said...

Yea Lubbock....just up the road a piece from us! Where?

Stacey said...

Hey BST-

When in Lubbock? Stacey and I are so excited that you guys are coming and want to get it on the calendar. It's at the Monterey Church of Christ, right?