Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Eric Noah-Wilson and I made it back in last night without any trouble. In fact, we had a hilarious flight attendant who laughed with us the entire way back from Florida. Turns out she knew my old buddy and former intern, Jay Duty. She regaled us with tales of near terrorist attacks on flights she's worked...the perfect bookend to a thought provoking couple of days.

Thanks for the great comments yesterday. I hope it was clear that I wasn't drawing conclusions...just asking questions and making some observations, mainly about me. You guys all raised some good questions. My friend, Eric Ebeling, wrote me with some more. I'm so thankful for friendship and community. (And grateful for the steak dinner you're offering me, Eric. Don't think for a minute I'm not taking a raincheck.)

There is a crispness to the air here today. Fall is definitely coming. Maddie and Ella had school pictures, football is in full swing, and every grocery and convenience store has Halloween candy stocked and ready. I even wore a long-sleeved shirt today.

Have a great Wednesday, blog family!

2 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

Make sure that nice cool fall breeze is there for October 5-8. We had 3 days of fall and 96 degree weather today. =(

christine pinson said...

ugh, i was just talking to someone the other day about how this is the time of year that I really wish I lived in Nashville...Fall is my favorite season, and we don't really get it...It has been cool here lately...lower 90s!