Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Loved the comments yesterday! Thanks, everyone.

We had a good night last night. It was nice to retreat to our home where people were smiling and laughing. We went to eat at Royal Thai...another place we love. After we got home and had pajama time and prayers with the girls, it was time for a serious game of "13". Aunt Kiki won. We are all pretty sure she cheated.

Sheryl's folks leave today. It's been nice having them here. I get this great feeling we are entering a really wonderful time in our lives with our parents. My mom moving here, Sheryl's parents staying in Arkansas--not too far away...all potentially wonderful for family experiences and for our girls to know their grandparents.

I know I mentioned finishing Emerging Worship last week. It is so good. I want to start a book club type of thing with our staff and meet someplace like Fido's (a trendy, wacky little coffee shop) each week to talk through a chapter at a time. I want to meet there so that as we talk about it we can be in the environment of the people we're discussing. Sometimes it seems like we have all these talks about the lost within our own safe walls and it's easy to forget those folks really do exist. Anyway--I highly recommend this book.

Tonight we will resume our Retreat to the Creek  gathering. 

I hope you all have a great Wednesday. The Lord is near.

 




5 comments:

Phil said...

Brandon, you really, really need to read Lee Camp's Mere Discipleship. I'm not enjoying it in the sense that you enjoy a book, but it's challenging my thinking in ways I can barely describe. It's disturbing, not like throwing a rock in a pond, but a boulder into a puddle. This needs to be at the top of the need to read list.

John Owens said...

Brandon and everyone, I was looking online for "Emerging Church" and "Emerging Worship." I found great prices at Christianbook.com and Amazon, but lo and behold my new source for low priced books is now....none other than...Walmart.com. Yep those books were priced at 9 dollars and some change each. Great bargains. Look forward to reading both.

SG said...

Wish I could meet and discuss at Fido's! Sounds great! Have I told you lately that reading your daily thoughts makes me more introspective, challenged , and dare I say, "real" in my walk? Keep a blogging bud! (or should I say Buff;-}) You and your Mom are two of my favorite reads! Have a great week! Love to all!

Ryan Williamson said...

Hopefully, someday soon I'll be able to meet you at Fido's too.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Steph--
Now that took me back some years. "Buff"? I haven't heard that in a long time. Good ol' Martha Kate Stallings! What a crazy friendship. I can't believe we don't stay in better touch with MK and Keith. Is Keith still coaching at Baylor?

Ryan--
can I see you Friday when you're here? We are all praying--BIG TIME!