Thursday, July 15, 2004

The drive to St. Louis was pleasant. David and Jackie England are good people. Even if at one point they did speak of David's chest hair and then tell a story about when their kitchen caught fire and David ran outside naked. But, I digress. A nice mental image there for ya. You're welcome, David.
 
It's going to be a full three days. The nice people at McKnight Rd are busily preparing for the bustle of the weekend. Brian Magnuson is driving back and forth from the airport. Families are preparing to drive down tomorrow. I have a stack of papers on my bed to organize before tomorrow. Instead, I am blogging and watching "Catch Me If You Can".
 
Wait...listen. Can you hear it? Listen....ahhhh,  silence. While I will be heartsick for my family tonight (although Sheryl will come up with the rest of the group tomorrow), I will enjoy an evening of reading, relaxing and preparing for the leadership track. Please pray for Aunt Kiki who will be Maddie and Ella's buddy all weekend while we're gone. She'll need the prayers!
 
I know the Lord will be present here. Even if we fall on our faces. I believe He will honor our desires for Him and our efforts to build His Kingdom. It truly is about HIM. I finished Dan Kimball's Emerging Worship on the trip. What a fantastic book. It is a must read. However, it only reinforced so much of what I know to be true about my/our current approach to ministry. I can't help but think that our ZOE ministry must morph and grow and incorporate these ideas. It really is so exciting and terrifying at the same time.
 
Meanwhile, I will longingly look forward to the squeals of delight I will hear from my girls on Sunday when we return home. There is no better feeling. It is one of the best rewards of being a daddy or mommy.
 
Thanks for your prayers this weekend.
 


1 comment:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Brandon, hope the time there is a blessing to you and all who attend. If you are going to be in the Ft. Worth area any time in 2004, let me know.

By the way, Randy now has a blog... http://rkvaughn.blogspot.com/

Love ya brother - donny-