Friday, July 09, 2004

After a wild and crazy week, things seem to have settled a bit today. No fires, no buying of houses, no birthday parties, no 911. LORD WILLING.

My mom left today on a jet plane--we're sure she'll be back again. (Sorry--little JD tribute there) She is going home to spend the next 4-5 months packing, organizing, and saying goodbye. She'll be back in October for the ZOE conference, but until then, looks like the house building will be supervised by Sheryl and me. We dig that stuff--so it's all good.

This time next week we'll all be in St. Louis. We have a ZOE conference there at the McKnight Rd. Church. Murray Sanderson will be teaming with me for the leader's conference and then we'll do our "Ancient Future" stuff the rest of the weekend with Mike . Saturday afternoon, Randy Gill will present his "Worship Through the Ages". It's one of the best presentations on worship I have ever heard. If I could make every Church of Christer in America listen to it, I would. Randy is such a cool guy. He tells stories and uses humor in ways that always engage people. Between Mike and Randy, I'll be around some of my favorite speakers.

Working some on post-production this weekend. A couple of songs are driving me crazy. There are some fixes for sure. Overall, I am really pleased.

I want to close with these words from Fenelon that blessed me today. Have a great Friday!

"Suffering is necessary for all of us. You will be purified by dying to your own desires and will. Let yourself die! You have excellent opportunities for this to happen--don't waste them!

No book or prayer will help you die to yourself as much as facing the humiliation of your daily failures. Of course you must still retire inwardly and be faithful to bring yourself before God. I also warn you not to let your busyness distract you from your spiritual life. If you allow yourself to be constantly distracted, your heart will grow hard. Retire to pray when you can and live the rest of your day in love."

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Brandon - I wish I could be in St. Louis with you guys next week--to enjoy a ZOE weekend, but also to see Murray. Tell him that we at Preston Road in Dallas miss him bunches!!! ~ Jenni Trietsch