Friday, July 02, 2004

Great night of family last night. We had fajitas and fellowship. Amy and Grant Boone are in town and dropped by for a while too. It was great seeing them. After they left we played our new card game (13). It was so much fun. Kim's parents and my mom are all cut from the same cloth. We laughed and enjoyed just being together.

This morning we took the fam downtown for the Ali Baba experience at the Nashville Public Library. It was a lot of fun for everyone. However, I would say one time through the Ali Baba puppet show is plenty.

This afternoon we've been transforming the Otter Creek fellowship hall into an island paradise. Maddie is really excited for her birthday party tomorrow. I love celebrating with kids...possibly because I am still a kid at heart? I mean, what is better than birthday cake? I ordered an extra sheet of it just for me. Just kidding.

In times like these, I feel so blessed. Treasure beyond explanation. Family, friends, laughter, love, smiles and giggles from my little girls--all treasures!

I pray your weekend is full of joy too. We have so many things to be thankful for. Liberty, yes, but even more so--freedom and liberty through Jesus. I am one who needed it and I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

Val said...

Cool. I just got off the phone with Grant. He was half-way through Arkansas on his way to an overnight stay in Dallas. He offered to get me a log roll but I somehow refused. Besides, it's a Pecan Log. What a rube!

Good Luck with the party. I know what an event those simple parties can turn into. Kendra is a kid's party genius. I really think if we lived in a larger town she could make good money planning kids parties. Her's are legendary. Anyway, Happy Birthday to Maddie!

SG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.