Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Here's another great date story. Different from the first. A whole lot of eating. A whole lot worse.

Kidding--but here's the thing. After singing at a wedding a few weeks ago (Merritt Compton) I got a gift certificate. I opened it and took a quick look--enough to know where and how much. So, last night we had Melissa Thomas, one of our kids' favorite sitters, come over and we headed out on the town! Even though Ella had been sick all day, we needed a break and she seemed fine with Melissa.

We got to Green Hills Grille--one of our favorites. We ordered up the appetizer, the meal, the goods. We were trying to make a 7:40 movie. (Spidey 2) As he came with the check I boldly handed him our "meal pass" and he was off again. Shortly, however, he returned seeming a bit awkward. In fact he said... "Yes, uh, hmmm, yes, I see what's happened. I see what we did...um..." and he pointed to the top of the gift card which CLEARLY read "Sunset Grill". geez. We laughed--for minutes--over it.

Spidey was AWESOME! We loved it. While I was watching I received a text message from a friend in Phoenix. If you ever prayed for things out there while Joe was dying, please, please get on your knees right now. I can't go into all of it, but it's just heartbreaking. Though my attention was somewhat captured from that time on, the movie was still fun and it was great to be with my wife who is way more beautiful than Kirsten Dunst.

Prayers today for the McKnight Rd church in St. Louis. As they prepare for all those coming for the ZOE conference this weekend.

Father, you have all of us in your hand. You are in control. Be with Aaron and Laney today. Soften their hearts, intervene. You are a God of miracles. We trust you.

No comments: