Saturday, May 01, 2004

A couple of months ago we bought a membership at the Nashville Zoo. (one of the best things we've spent money on in a long time) We go at least once a week and get to hear the "screaming monkeys" and play on the big padded playground. It's a beautiful day here in Nashville--a perfect zoo day.

I forgot to mention that Next Door Savior didn't win the Dove Award. The category it was entered in was called "special events" and the rock musical, "Hero" won the Dove. Sheryl and I didn't even go this year.

Tonight at River Front Stages (this cool festival in Nashville every year) Styx is playing at 9:30. I can't tell you how tempting it is to go. However, we have our Sat night service and that will take up the better part of the evening.

Our friends, the Duncans, had a baby boy on Thursday. Welcome to the world, Jackson! Jackson's daddy, Phillip, is a great worship leader. I am blessed to have him at Otter Creek as a fill-in leader when I am not there and as a regular praise team member. Congrats, guys!

I love summer. Shorts, banana pops, home made ice cream, flip flops, the pool, the smell of fresh cut grass and that awesome feeling of being freshly sun kissed all make me smile. Today is May 1st. Call me happy clappy, but I'm doin' the happy dance over here. Praise the Lord!

No comments: