Monday, May 31, 2004

When I was a kid I had a go-cart. I spent half my childhood on that thing. I also had a helmet--that I never wore. It stayed in the hall closet waiting for me in the case of a tornado. I had serious tornado phobias. I remember only one or two times I sat in the closet in fear of the impending tornado with my awesome red go-cart helmet on.

Last night the Thomas family spent about 45 minutes in the downstairs middle bathroom. It was around midnight and we were getting severe weather. It was pretty comical because we actually squeezed the pack-n-play in there too. Thankfully, the tornados passed us, but many places in middle Tennessee were hit.

We just got back from seeing Shrek 2 (or as Maddie calls it, "Twek"). It was so great! The kids loved it. Ella began the laughter even in the previews. She had a great time.

One last thing...last night as we were praying, Maddie was listing off the things she was thankful for (heads, hats, lions, etc). After listing several things she said, "Oh, and I thankful for Jesus in the boat saying 'Peace be still'." I probed a little and she told me that "Mrs. Joyce" had shown them a picture in class that morning. In case any of you ever teach 2-3 year olds, don't underestimate what impact you're having.

It's been 2-3 weeks now of vacation...from the gym. Time to try and undo what I have spent the last few weeks doing. A friend told me about this new documentary called "Supersize Me". It's about a guy who only ate McDonalds food for 3 months. He went into kidney failure and all other sorts of tragic things. On that note, I think I'll get back to my Memorial Day corndog.

1 comment:

judy thomas said...

Shame! I told you to wear that helmet!