Wednesday, May 26, 2004

First things first--
John Creech DOES NOT have Cystic Fibrosis! THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!

I am sitting at my desk feeling quite the Bohemian. Those days at the beach allowed me to come back nice and crispy. Wow--I was like a 5 year old as we left yesterday. I had to try really hard not to pout about having to return to the real world. What a glorious time! The girls were so adorable. Maddie and Ella both got quite brave in their water explorations.

It was fun having Amanda with us. Bless her--my air conditioner compressor went out on the way down and since she had to be back Monday night, she left early and drove my Blazer back. I just drove it about 20 miles to the dealership to have it fixed and was completely drenched in sweat. I can not imagine going 7 hours in the heat of the day. Ug. Sorry, Amanda!

The Chisums came to see us our last day at the beach. It was fun visiting with them. Ali is now 11--so hard to believe. She was so sweet with our girls. Donna hasn't aged a bit. John brought a rough of the songs we recorded with him the other night. They sounded great! His project will be called, "A Table in the Wilderness". It is really wonderful and based on the 23rd Psalm.

We got in last night around 1am. I am not functioning quite up to par today. I have had a lot of thoughts over the last week about the things I experienced at the conference. I will write about them as time permits. As for now, I got voted (as many who miss staff meeting do) to write the lead article for the bulletin this week. How exciting.

After of a week of making wonderful memories with each other, several stand out.
1. Swim diapers are even better when they have the Little Mermaid on them.
2. On a road trip, the movie, Cinderella, covers a multitude of frustrations with screaming children. (However, there is definitely something prophetic about that song..."Cinderelli, Cinderelli, night and day it's Cinderelli" because truly, night and day, it has run through my head.)
3. Maddie swimming--really swimming--with her pink "noodle"
4. Ella being fascinated for at least an hour with dropping change in the shallow end of the pool and retrieving it.
5. Sheryl looking like the coolest, most beautiful Mommy out there.
6. Ella getting really sick for the majority of the vacation. What would a vacation be like in our family without one of us being sick?
7. EATING!!! Shrimp, fish, corndogs, Blue Bell ice cream (the best ice cream in the country!), Sponge Bob ice cream on a stick, stuffed crab...and on and on.

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of time with my family and our friends. Thank you for safety in travels and for giving us the time to enjoy your creation.


No comments: