Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The Emergent Conference is almost overwhelming. It's like being stuck between what you know to be true and where you actually find yourself. Dan Kimball looks NOTHING like I pictured him. I joked with my buddy, Nino, that between Dan and his worship pastor, they keep the hair product industry alive. (and if I say that--you know it must be something.) Dan looks something like Max Headron--remember the animated Coke guy? He's way hip and is very engaging. I stopped in here this morning to pick up my laptop to take better notes.

Last night we recorded late again. We were able to get two more songs..."For All You've Done" (O, Cleanser of the mess I've made...), and "Hear Our Praises". It was a good night, although we were all tired. No more ZOE sessions til June. Tomorrow night begins the John Chisum Integrity thing.

Sheryl leaves today for the beach. Our little sis, Amanda, is going with them. I will join them this weekend. I can't wait to have my feet in the sand and be in the sun. I am definitely a beach lover.

Father, as I prepare to download more information and ideas today, please give me discernment and peace to know how to translate this stuff in a way that will be beneficial and Kingdom building. Sometimes I just want to jump ship and start all over. I just beg you to help me be the leader you've called me to be. Give me patience AND boldness. Show me what you have planned for us. Please continue to be with Nathan Fite. Thank you for my family. Please give them safety as they drive this afternoon. Thank you for loving us like you do!

No comments: