Thursday, May 20, 2004

Thursday night addition--

The session went well tonight with Chiz. We did a couple of songs, one of which was based on the 23rd Psalm. He wanted sort of a Westminster choir sound or boys choir. It has been so long since I have sung anything legit that it took a while to find my sea legs. Once we found our groove we nailed it. The group sounded great. I'm so thankful to be working with such talented people!

Tony Compolo was awesome this afternoon. He talked a lot about some very weighty, deep theology. He is so engaging that it seemed to go by very quickly. He said something that has stuck with me all night. He cautioned us to be careful of putting our faith in a nation. I have heard some similar things from Mike Cope. It's always convicting. Compolo said, "Look through Scripture and tell me who God typically sides with. Is it the rich and complacent, or is it the poor and oppressed?" Pretty strong words, and right on target. It's so easy to get so immersed in our culture and living that we think everyone lives like we do. I mean, mentally we know that's not true, but it's hard to fully grasp it.

Similarly, yesterday as Dan Kimball was closing his class, he passed out little salt packets and had us open them and put some in our mouths as he prayed for us. It was a really simple thing, and yet, so effective. We ARE salt and light. We can't afford to lose our saltiness.

This afternoon I was able to go spend some time with Phillip Duncan. I got to see Mary Alice and their new son, Jack. He's very cuddly and as cute as can be. Phillip went with me to Paragon Studios where we've been recording with ZOE to listen to some of the final mix. It's getting there. We then went on out to sing for the session tonight. It was nice having some time with Phillip. He's a good friend.

I am going to one more session tomorrow and then taking off for the beach. Pray that I will stay awake!

Lord, please bless the Creeches tonight. I know they are nervous about John's test tomorrow. Help me believe in Your loving power, no matter what the outcome. BUT--I ask that You will allow them not to have to face both children having terminal illnesses. Be with my family and keep them safe. Thank you so much for this week and all the feeding You've given me. I have so much to think about all those 7 hours I'll be driving tomorrow. Help me hear Your voice.

No comments: