Friday, May 14, 2004

Last night Bobby came over to rehearse with us for the benefit Sunday. He's such a talented guitar player! Sheryl is singing "Knees to the Earth" and "One Pure and Holy Passion". I am singing "Fly Me To The Moon" and "River In The Rain". ZOE will sing something and then we'll do one with the Gatlins.

Last night while putting the girls to bed I recited the 23rd Psalm and Zeph 3:17 over and over to them. They went to sleep by those words--such powerful words! To think that God quiets us with HIS love and rejoices over us with singing! I, on the other hand, had a sleepless night. I kept thinking about the Creech family and Paul and Jill. I heard my watch beep every hour--exhausting. Clearly I am better at sharing those scriptures than receiving them...something that is hitting me this morning.

I found out a week or so ago that the early morning YMCA "sculpting" class that's been wearing me out actually begins 30 minutes earlier than I've been showing up. Imagine my disappointment! This morning was my first time to endure the entire class. I may not be able to move this weekend.

I have added a couple of new links (look to your right). The Passion link is awesome and has great music. The dreambook thing is simply a guest book. Feel free to drop me a line there anytime or give feedback (the most dangerous words ever written in ministry).

My mom is with her Spiritual Formation group this weekend visiting a monastery in New Mexico. Her friends, Jeannenne Nichols and Kaye Price-Hawkins, are with her on this adventure. The three of them have been in covenant relationship for years, but only in the last 3-4 have they gotten intentional about making it a Spiritual Formation type of thing (see books on this subject by Richard Foster for more info). I marvel at their collective wisdom and depth. Some people only wish they could have deep spiritual discussions with their parents. I only wish I could be as deep as mine. What a blessing.

Sheryl will spend the weekend with her sister, Gail, at the Women of Faith Conference. It should be a nice respite for her. Gail is bringing several girls and they are staying at our friends' house and guest house (the Smiths). The Smiths own the Minnie Pearl Mansion. It's a cool historic place filled with great stories and room to enjoy being together. I pray it's a filling time for her.

Father, thank you for calming us with your love. Thank you for your voice singing that pure, sweet melody over us today. Help me take time to listen and receive. You are God of all. I am but a blade of grass. As we look at Isaiah 40 this Sunday, I am reminded of how true that is. You are timeless. Thank you for being interested in me at all. Please be with the Creech family. Give them peace as they wait to see if their son also has Cystic Fibrosis. Please be with Jill as she gets results from the neurologist today. Thank you for being the Great Physician. Help me trust You more in that role.


No comments: