Sunday, March 04, 2007

We are back in Nashville tonight feeling so blessed by what we just experienced. The weekend could not have gone better. The folks at Monterey completely knocked it out of the park. I think it's safe to say that we were all overwhelmed with their level of preparation, hospitality, and heart. It was an amazing weekend from beginning to end. AND...I went into the weekend completely locked up in my back. One of my old Gamma Sig buddies, Jon Blackwell, showed up from Amarillo. He's a Chiropractor!! Thank you, Jon!!!!
Here's a summary of the weekend in pictures...


A host of friendly faces waited for all the conference registrants to come through the doors

Monterey's new building was so warm and inviting...the perfect place for the conference!

Friday night kicked off with a full house and hearts ready to worship!

Rich Smith and I taught the Worship Minister's track on Saturday. (Stephen's group joined us later)

Jeff Walling performed his AMAZING one man show of Matthew. Hilarious and touching!

Jeff Walling, Sheryl and me at dinner. The wonderful cooks at Monterey kept us fed in the Green Room with delicious food all weekend. They were absolutely wonderful people.

My friend Janice and I grew up together. Our moms were childhood friends and in each others' weddings. Our families used to go to New Braunfels every summer together. It was really fun catching up with Janice and her husband, Kelly.

Don Heyen and Brent McCall were good friends of mine at ACU. Brent was my roommate for 2 years and we were all in Gamma Sigs together. I loved catching up with them!

The ZOE guys enjoy some TACO BUENO!!! Ahhhhhh, West Texas!! I have days of craving Bueno...a little Bueno Chilada platter and a strawberry Fanta!

ZOE--Peter, Brian, Lea, me, Amy, Melissa, Sheryl, David, Philip (Doyle Corder joined us after Pete had to take off early. Awesome job, Doyle!)

The real ZOE girls! Amy, Lea, Melissa and Sheryl (a.k.a. Ahhhmeee, Shmee, Melizzard, and Scaryl)

This precious woman came from Florida to the conference. Before she could even attend, she broke her hip. We got to go to the hospital Saturday night after the last session and sing over her. She said it blessed her, but the truth is, it really blessed us more to be with her.

Eric and Vicki pack up all the ZOE product getting ready to leave.

Brian and I are on the bus headed for the airport. It was a great weekend and we are leaving all feeling renewed ourselves.
Much thanks to everyone in Lubbock and at the Monterey Church. Warren, Barry, Denise, Eric, and so many others gave of their time and hearts to make this one of our favorite ZOE conferences ever! Thank you!!

11 comments:

Christy said...

I must say that in the last picture Brandon looks so "musician cool" The spiked/highlighted hair, sunglasses and cool clothes!! Seriously...I'm glad the conference went so well, but all of you were missed.

Katey said...

You went to Bueno!!! Arrghh- I miss that place. I too have Bueno cravings. Glad you had a good weekend, we missed you here.

Peggy N Texas said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. I am from Lubbock, grew up at Monterrey and had fun seeing their new building on this post.

My dad was an elder for Monterrey for years, but goes elsewhere now! Anyway, enjoyed seeing the pictures and glad it went so well. Glad to hear 'cuz' sang with you! What a treat for Doyle! It is a small world afterall.


Wish I could have been there, but I will be in Lubbock in a couple of weeks, moving my parents from there to Corsicana, TX. Pray for them, it will be hard for them to make this kind of change. My dad is 84 and except for the four years he was in the service has never lived anywhere but Lubbock!

Thanks for sharing what we missed!

Hoots Musings said...

Thank you for organizing, giving up time with your families, and for your sweet humble spirit(s).

We were blessed by the weekend and are applying being closer to God.

You guys are the best, and I knew you would love Monterey. We are in Midland and would love to go back there, it is family.

Thank you and GOD BLESS!

Jon Blackwell said...

We had such an amazing experience!! We just did not want it to end. We were also really excited to see Doyle sing with you guys. He is so special to us in Amarillo. Hope your neck is better; I'm glad I didn't break it!!!!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Jon--
Oh my goodness...you have no idea how much you helped me. THANK YOU!!! I went back and revised the first paragraph :)

YOU ROCK! I wish we could have chatted more!

Beaner said...

I think it's SO AWESOME that you guys went to the hospital & sang for that lady - I loved that pic.!

Elizabeth said...

I'm totally craving a Bueno combo #3 now, thanks!

Amy S. Grant said...

*So thankful prayers were answered for an awesome Zoe weekend!

*That is so sweet that you all were able to visit the lady who broke her hip (ouch!)

*I'm lovin your spiked up hair these days

*I'm missin me some Taco Bueno!!

Katherine said...

God definitely answered our prayers this weekend by "riding with us" as Jeff said, and moving in mighty & powerful ways!! It was such a blessing, and especially to share it with my friends and family in "my town"-it reminded me how much I miss Lubbock and the community I have been so richly blessed with there.

What an awesome weekend!! It was great to see you and I really enjoyed re-connecting with Brian. I hope that the lady is able to make it to the conference when you go to Florida-I am sure that was a blessing for all-I am so glad y'all were able to do that.

Thank you for allowing God to continue to use you! Love you, friend. Blessings~

Unknown said...

As part of the Monterey team, I want to thank you and the ZOE Group for blessing us with your gifts. It truly was a great weekend, and Satan was kept at bay -- there didn't seem to be any meddling with the logistics that we all worried and prayed about.

Thank you for stretching us to reach new forms/expressions/places of worship, and please pray for us as we deal with some of the cramps and aches that invariably come when people experience new things.

Blessings to all