Sunday, March 11, 2007

Friday, as she is known to do, Sheryl got a wild hair. She decided to take our fence matters into her own hands. For some dumb reason, the people who built this house built a 10 foot fence around the back yard. The problem is, a ten foot fence is top-heavy. So, our fence bowed and leaned and looked awful. I kept saying, "We can't afford to fix it this month." Sheryl decided to take matters into her own hands.

On Friday as I drove home she said, "Would you like to know what I did today?" Those words always cause me to sit up and take a deep breath. Usually, it means project time. I got home to find 15 sections of our fence down and ready to be "fixed". She was a major machine!! So, guess what we did most of Saturday? I'm talkin' power tools, circular saws, hammers, nails...just call me "Handy Mannny". Big thanks to Sheryl for tackling this project and for Kevin for coming over and putting in some really hard work! We're saving a lot of money thanks to them!

Note to self...when taking apart your fence...all your neighbors can see your back yard. I need to do some yard work back there. I mean, seriously. Did I mention how much Sheryl worked before I even got home?? She is amazing.

I had to take a break at 2pm to take the girls to a matinee of "High School Musical" at Brentwood High School. BHS always does great shows. "High School Musical" was AWESOME! The girls loved it!

The students did a great job with their roles and the singing was really great! The girl lead definitely has a music career ahead of her.

There were several Otter Creek kids in the production. Maddie and Ella were especially excited to see them perform.

Julie Crothers is the daughter of one of our children's ministers, Janet Crothers. She played a cheerleader/dancer and did a great job!

Matthew Dodson was in the ensemble and did a great job too! I cannot believe how big these kids are now. I am feeling OLD, but it was really fun!
This morning we spent time in Romans 9-11. It was a great day. I met a guy before church who is in town rehearsing with a cruise ship cast. We ended up having a great discussion. Ironically, he's working for my friend, Gary Musick. It truly is a small world.
Tonight was Celebration with the college "Sanctuary" band. It was awesome! More on that tomorrow. I'm too sore to type anymore.

3 comments:

Malia said...

Our niece was in the ensemble (one of the braniacs), too. We went to yesterday's final performance, it was sold out! We had Sweetpea with us and she really enjoyed it! It was a good thing David's brother encouraged us to get there early. We got really good seats. I agree, it was a very good production for a high school cast. I especially liked the girl who played the drama teacher.

Val said...

My girls are two of the biggest "High School Musical" fans in the world. I know they would have loved to see it.

Regarding the other thing:
Oh give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in...

Amy S. Grant said...

Then you must post those pics of you as a leper!