Friday, March 09, 2007

I had such an encouraging breakfast with David Hampton from Christ Community Church. David has been the worship minister there for a long time. We’ve done a couple of his songs with ZOE. He’s also a part of my Monday night experience each week. This morning was a huge blessing. I’m grateful for that relationship and mentoring.

We’re working through Romans on Sundays at Otter Creek. Tim leaves for Greece next week so John York will be preaching for three weeks in his place. I’ve known john for a very long time. We met yesterday to work through some of the next 3-4 weeks. I secretly wish I could be in Greece with Tim hearing all the cool stories and seeing those amazing places that I’ve only imagined.

It was fun visiting with John. He travels with ZOE and we’ve gotten to see a lot of each other over the last several years. I am looking forward to teaming with him this month. Besides being an awesome preacher, he’s been a great friend.

Romans 9-11. Read it lately in a chunk? It belongs in the greater context of the entire message of Romans, but even then it’s troubling. I confess, it’s a section that has caused a lot of prayer and searching for me over the years.

Anyone want to weigh in on Romans 9-11?

PS: American Idol...SO glad Antonella Barba is moving on. Can’t believe that Sundance got kicked off and Sanjaya didn’t. My favorites right now are Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, LaKisha Jones, and Gina Glocksen.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

My cousin and her family attend and are deeply involved with Christ Community Church - the few times I've been able to visit with them I've been blessed too....