Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nice serious shot of Jeff Berry there. I love the blog setting where I can rib him without him being able to rib me back...at least not yet! Those of you who've heard Jeff in concert at Otter before know that we love to give each other a hard time. We're life-long friends. Jeff and I have seen each other through a lot of things. He's also one of my all time favorite worship leaders and singers. Check out his website in my links...

His CDs are some of my very favorite worship CDs. Jeff has traveled with his band and helped start awesome events like "Choice" at Baylor and "Grace" in Abilene--college and young adult worship experiences. Until recently, when not on the road, he was leading worship at The Heights--a really awesome Baptist church in Dallas. He's now in a new time of transition.

Jeff flew into town today. We hadn't seen each other in a few months so it was great to catch up. He came to rehearsal tonight. We had a marathon 2 hour rehearsal. It was really an awesome night. The worship choir is slammin' and I am continually amazed at the combination of heart and voice that God has given us in the people He's drawn to OC. I feel SO incredibly blessed to work with them.

Tonight Jeff played while we sang "You Are Holy". ZOE's arrangement of that was inspired by Jeff. We ended rehearsal with a time of worship where Jeff played and sang one of his original songs, "When I Speak Your Name" (on ZOE's "Deep Calls to Deep" CD). It was such a great way to end our time together. I was moved again by those words--"I am forever changed...when I speak your name."

Afterwards, Jeff came to the house and we ran the gamut from laughter to serious heart sharing. I just thank God for friendships like that. I know God has Jeff in some unfamiliar territory and is leading him down some new roads. I just can't wait to see what those will look like. Will you join Jeff and me in praying that God will make that path clear?

Thank you for your prayers for my physical health. I am functional today. I begin physical therapy tomorrow and I am really hoping they can figure out what in the world is happening to me.

I've added a new link this week to my buddy Matthew Paul Turner. He's an author popular in the Emergent Church movement...and also just a hilarious guy. Thankfully, he's nestled right here in good ol' Nashvegas!

One last thing...Sanjaya on American Idol. What in the world??? That hair! I mean seriously. Thanks to my friend Justin McIntosh for photo shopping this and sending it to me. This is what I would look like with Sanjaya's hairdoo...hmmmmm--now THAT'S a faux hawk! Bless.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Nope...sorry, just doesn't work!! It didn't work on whats his name either:)

I'm glad you are feeling better--I'm praying that the physical therapy works

Matthew Paul Turner said...

LOL! Thanks for the blog love.

Dude, the picture of you with Sanjaya hair is scary. It scares me.

Hope all is well.

Fajita said...

I have been debating mentioning this publicly, but I have known since day 1 that you, my m&m challenged brother-in-law, were a huge Sanjaya fan.

Sam Middlebrook said...

Though we never spend time together, I consider Jeff Berry to be on a very short list of friends who have inspired me and encouraged me simply by being themselves. Jeff is one of my favorite worship leaders and is the "real deal" when it comes to "walking the lyrics" of his songs.

I'm glad you guys are friends.

Fajita said...

read my blog. just do it.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

you are a FREAK!!!!!! I cannot STAND Sanjaya...and if this is to get me back for your retarded M&M posturing...congratulations!

For the record...Sanjaya is the LEAST talented singer--if you can even call him that.

And...isn't he YOUR people?????

It is ON, brother-in-law...IT IS ON!!!!!!!!

Fajita said...

yawn ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ