Sunday, March 18, 2007

Friday night, thanks to the generosity of my friend, Meredith, I went to the Pink/ Justin Timberlake concert and sat in an awesome suite. Both were great performers. The arena was packed! At one point I looked over next to us and there was Reba McEntire and her husband. I freaked! Then I looked to my right and my buddy, Jody (who sings with Avalon) and his wife Stephanie were there with her brother. Jody and I kept text messaging gawking at Reba. I'm telling you...I was a 7th grader. Lauren was there and we all had such a blast! Overall, the show was great--but the company was even more fun!

Here's a picture of our group as the show was getting started.

The rest of the weekend was just beautiful! The "popcorn" trees (Bradford Pears) are out. This was taken outside our door. I love the blooms!

The girls and I went swimming on Saturday and had a nice visit with Gary Musick. I must have overdone it with swimming because I was really sore later. After swimming, my mom took us out to Opry Mills to get the kids' Easter outfits. They look so cute! How is it possible that we have kids this big??

This morning went really well. John York preached out of Luke 15 (prodigal) and did a great job! We spent some time in meditation studying the Rembrandt painting of "The Return of the Prodigal Son". I've always loved that painting.

This afternoon, Eve came over and did her Edward Scissor-hands magic on my hair. At least 2 inches...gone with a bit of a faux-hawk! HA! Some folks from our Life Group are pictured below. Sheryl threw together a fire pit and we burned up some of our fence pieces! (see...she continues to be resourceful!!!)
Many of you will be traveling for Spring Break...be careful out there! Blessings to you this week.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Brandon, I think your hair looks great!

(This is Holly of tjandholly, lest you think TJ notices your hair. Actually, I think he'll like it too, once I point it out to him!)

Jenni said...

It's short....and dark! What a change.....

MichaelPolutta said...

My family loves the look of the Bradford Pear trees too - but NOT the smell! My younger daughter said they smell like tuna! I think she's right!

mundiejc said...

Hair looks awesome...

BTW, Jesus is not ok with you seeing that sinful Justin Timberlake. He told me. He's gonna ride in on a horse with a sword and take you out my friend. Cause we all know, when Jesus gets mad... he get's violent. I mean, shoot, he invented hell.

Speaking of that, I'm probably going to hell for this comment.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I love me some John Scott Fred. Hilarious! Remember how much I hated--HATED that song when we were on the road that summer???

Christy said...

I need to see the hair up close and personal before I pass judgement...I'm a little unsure about the faux-hawk thing, but i'm sure you can pull it off

Hoots Musings said...

Almost spit on my monitor at the Cathy's Clown comment....too funny!