Thursday, June 15, 2006

Today after Sheryl and I met during lunch to do our spin class, I had a conversation with a good friend. He is one of the most gracious people I've known. I was reminded of several things...

*judgmental attitudes do not promote honest sharing (his was the opposite of judgmental)

*listening goes a long way

*preachy people do greater harm than good

*offering grace, offering friendship, offering a hand...these are essential in helping others.

Why in the world have we done the opposite of those things so often in churches? It is a peeve for me...almost as big as sharing gossip in the name of prayer requests or being "concerned". I'm so thankful for the friend I mew with today. He taught me about Jesus by his actions and his heart. I want to be that kind of person.

Now...for something lighter! :) Last night We were having some fun taking some pictures. The girls were being absolutely hilarious. Here are a few...


Maddie is ready for her debut on TBN.

Ella practices the bugle

This picture was taken by Maddie!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Was that my wig?

ginger said...

Can Maddie sing like Dolly too???