Friday, June 16, 2006

Let's all have a moment of solemn silence for the Mavericks. Here's a quote from the AP this morning...

"Now, the Mavs are somewhat of a wreck. They scored just seven points in the fourth quarter, a record low for the NBA finals."

Seriously, someone must have sprayed an anti-sinking potion on those rims that had the Mavericks' names written on it. For the love. It's not over though. It's not over!

Yesterday afternoon I had a most enjoyable hour and a half with Father Thomas McKenzie. Check out his blog by clicking here. I've also added him to my links over there. He and I are both a part of a group that's been transformational for me in recent weeks called the Samson Society. (I've also added a link to it) He's also the pastor at Redeemer, the church who used to meet at Otter Creek on Sunday afternoons. What a great guy! He was a huge encouragement to me yesterday.

Sunday night at Celebration we're doing a normal praise team thing for the first part and then Brad Crisler and I are doing an acoustic worship set. The evening begins at 6pm and will go for an hour. Come join us if you're in town.

Father's Day...if you've been reading for a while you know it's a hard day for me. I usually don't enjoy leading worship on that day. However, life has changed a great deal for me over the last 15 years since I lost my father. It's still very fresh in some ways--the missing him part. But, I've got these amazing little monkeys who climb all over me and give me hugs and kisses. It's a glorious day for me. I'm so imperfect. I have failed in many areas of my life, but these 3 beautiful children remind me that love is unconditional. They remind me that if I can be so crazy in love with them, how much more does God love me. They remind me that even through the valleys in life... laughter, hugs, and kisses still make the heart soar. What a blessing! I'm so grateful for them. I often tell each of them, whispering in their ear, "I love being your daddy". It's true. I really, really do.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

The Mavs loss was disappointing....we were speculating at lunch today whether or not the finals are fixed somehow to generate more revenue for each town....who knows. All I know is that I will be cheering for the Mavs on Sunday!

Katey said...

Your kids are the sweetest. And it must be said- they are lucky to have you as a Dad. They really, really are.