Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Last night we gathered with a very small group of friends to celebrate Sam's first birthday. He was so adorable! We decided to go to Casa Fiesta. I mean what one year old wouldn't want Mexican food? Please.

It was so much fun! They servers even sang Happy Birthday to him in extremely thick accents. And...they placed a sombrero on Sam's head. (pics of that to come)

Here are some pics...


Look at this boy! He's such a happy little one year old! Here he sports his new bib given to him by sweet Lauren (or as Ella says... "Ya-ren")



Maddie and Ella pose here with Sydney Williamson. They all had fun at Sam's party. These smiles will melt your heart!



Sam had a Curious George cake. It was made by Margo Kelly formerly of Becker's Bakery (my favorite bakery where our wedding cake came from. It's now closed.) Margo still makes cakes and she made a PERFECTLY delicious one for Sam!



Sam prepares to blow out his candle.



Here we are with sweet baby Sam. Sheryl picked up this Nemo puppet today and he loved it!

It was my favorite 1 yr old birthday party ever!

5 comments:

julie said...

Brandon, your pictures moved me today. I have been praying for you during your time of sabbatical and seeing your face and your children's faces and Sheryl's face...well, it got to me. I pray that you feel rested and renewed and refocused. You are blessed with your family...such joy.

Katey said...

I'm so sad that I missed it!!! Glad you guys had fun. Miss you!

SG said...

I can't believe that he is one year old!!! Seems like he was just born. Time flies! What a fun night and so cool to have it at a place where everyone can enjopy themselves and someone else can clean up! I'll have to remember that this time next year! :) Birthday blessings to you sweet baby Sam!

Kelly Vaughn said...

Your boy has great taste in food! Never underestimate the power of a father's influence (isn't Mexican food EVERYONE'S favorite spot?) You all look great! HB SAM!!
-Randy

Kelly Vaughn said...

Your boy has great taste in food! Never underestimate the power of a father's influence (isn't Mexican food EVERYONE'S favorite spot?) You all look great! HB SAM!!
-Randy