Monday, June 12, 2006

Maddie part 2...

Last night as I was helping get the kids in bed, Sheryl and I were taking turns laying on each of their beds like we do each night--scratching backs, cuddling, telling stories, etc. Maddie will sometimes talk to me and rub my arm. So sweet! As we talked last night I asked her if her tummy was feeling better. (It had been really hurting earlier.

"Yes, Daddy, it feels better."

"I'm so glad. I was kind of worried about you."

"You were worried? Why were you worried about it?" She asked

"Because since I'm your daddy, I want to take care of you and make things better--especially when you're not feeling well." I replied.

She turned over and looked at me and in the sweetest voice ever said, "Daddy, you can't make me better. Only Jesus can do that."

Hello?? Words to live by from an almost 5 yr old. That simple message applies to so many areas of my life right now. I'm thankful for the reminder!

3 comments:

SG said...

I think you and Sheryl are doing a great job with those kids! And WOW! Wouldn't life be more peaceful if we all lived like only Jesus could make us better!?!

Stephen Bailey said...

I love those conversations (see yesterday's post)! Unless you become like one of these children...
I heard a preacher say one time that he never heard Jesus condemn anyone for asking too many questions, but he got pretty frustrated with the ones who thought they had all the answers.

Dwiggy444 said...

Wow indeed. Thanks for sharing this stuff Brandon. Sure, it's not Great Philosophical Truth, but it's just as important for me to remember that the simple faith of a child is truly precious.

May God bless you, Sheryl and all your wonderful kiddos!