Thursday, June 30, 2005

I feel like I have drool dripping from my mouth, I'm so sleepy. I think I got in bed around 2am. Chris and I worked a long time last night and only got 3 songs mixed. Ugh. Chris is a champ though. He's juggling FFH recording and a million other things. The studio is booked solid and he's having to squeeze me in where possible. I just wanted to show you a picture of Chris and ask you to pray for him. The Bennett House just sold and he could use our prayers for the stressful time ahead.



We finished Living Prayer, The Bread Has Been Broken, and You Were There. If you'd like a sample, feel free to email me.

The best part of last night, however, was after we were done and he shared a juicy morsel with me. A producer friend of his gave him the original scratch and real tracks from Def Leppard's song "Pour Some Sugar On Me". The lyric was different originally and there were some funny moments in the vocal. We were already silly since it was late, but we had ourselves a good laugh listening.

I'm really too sleepy to write any more today. I hope you all have a great Thursday. Remember me writing about how long Wednesdays are? I think I counted up a 16 hour work day yesterday. Maybe that entitles me to a nap this afternoon?

6 comments:

Katey said...

The Bennett House sold???!!! I didn't know that. You would think I didn't know anyone who worked there or anything. :) Chris is a great guy, I'm sure he is doing a great job for you. Take a nap when you get home.

Joel said...

Brandon,

Yet another reason that I'm sure you're thankful for our "acappella" tradition...
At least you are just laying vocals. Imagine drums, guitars, and keyboards.

Speaking of background music, when I come to Nashville I'd be happy to drop some beat box crud that put AVB on the Top 40 around the globe on your new cd for a really reasonable price.

It's the least I could do for a friend.

PS: What's your tag say?

PSS: BAMMA!

Thurman8er said...

I used to have a buddy with this really annoying habit. Whenever we were driving anywhere together and we were stopped at a light, he would try and time it just right, then belt out, "Red light, yellow light, green light, GO!" He got it right ONE TIME and he was the happiest person on earth. It only encouraged him to keep trying though.

I would love to hear those recordings.

k2 said...

dude,
who is going to be working at the bennett house now? who bought it?
what is your e-mail address, i would like some samples.
thanks for the offer.

John Owens said...

You're so lucky. I love studio work, especially the mix. One of the happiest times in my life was spending 12 hours a day in a studio doing edits and prep for mixing. You have to go through it to appreciate it. And fall in love with it.

Deb said...

Yo, Sleepyhead!

John and I would love a sample. :)