Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Being the resourceful gardener I try to be, I am always looking for creative ways to water the garden while keeping the kids occupied and entertained. Here's my latest attempt.



Now, that's one sad little garden, but it looks better than it used to. Honestly, I think if I would just decide to grow GRASS and WEEDS in my garden, then I'd have much more success. Why is it that there are patches of my yard where I can't get grass to grow, and yet it seems to flourish in my garden? (That's a rhetorical question, by the way.)

-------

Last night we celebrated Paul's birthday at Las Palmas. It was hilarious. Ryan and Sarah Williamson (Paul's wife is Sarah's first cousin) had their two kids, Paul and Jill had their two and we had our three. It was a zoo. As we all tumbled in with our circus children the tables around us all stopped and looked with gaping mouths. We knew it was only a matter of time until we heard, "Check, please!!" from each of the them. (Until Eric and Sallie Miller came to sit at a nearby table--they enjoyed the chaos with us.) We didn't care though. Our kids were covered in hot sauce, rice, and taco. Later they added some chocolate cake to their facial. Baby Jack used Ryan's dress shirt for his napkin. Why not??

-------

Tonight is TGIWednesday again. Randy Harris is here and will be speaking about simplicity. I know it will be a great night. We're doing something a little more scaled back with the kids too.

Has anyone else in ministry noticed that Wednesdays are the longest day of the week?

7 comments:

Phil said...

I ain't just people in the minstry, bro. For everyone, Wednesday's are very long if you try to fit church in as well, although having the dinner makes things nicer.

Deana Nall said...

We just had our VBS, which was in the evenings. It was like a week of Wednesdays...AAAGGGHHHHH!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your pool picture and was overcome with an impending sense of dread. I've just completed a massive pool project (finished filling the tanker up last night)now I must rush home and make sure it's holding water!

Funny you mentioned Wed EVE today. I've been bouncing around all day today because I don't have to go tonight. Madison graduates from elementary school tonight (I have to resist the dialogue from "The Incredibles" on such promotions) which means I get the night off.

Yeah!

CL said...

Answering your rhetorical question - can you do that? I have the exact same problem. My yard is overcome by roots and I hate it, it might be one of the most frustrating things ever, my thumb is actually purple - but maybe for another reason.

And Wednesdays are the absolute longest, the summer isn't so bad for me but during the school year -HELP!!!

Thurman8er said...

Brandon, my server was down yesterday and I just got around to reading your blog entry. I have two things to say:

1) CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

2) My son is named James. The song title stays. Hey, I don't have your voice but I still think he'd miss it if I stopped singing him that song!

Matt Elliott said...

Speaking as a worship minister who's still at the building at 6:03 pm eastern time waiting to meet the worship team at 6:15 pm to get ready for tonight's worship gathering that starts at 7:00, let me say YES. Wednesday is the longest freakin' day of the week!

Rick J said...

...and Randy's talking about... what was it now... oh... simplicity... hmmm...