Wednesday, June 15, 2005





Last night was truly magical. The girls absolutely loved it! We discovered that the year I saw Peter Pan was Cathy Rigby's first year--31 years ago. She's been flying ever since! Maddie's eyes could not have gotten any bigger--they were like pancakes the entire night. What fun! The show was amazing too. All of you in Nashville with kids need to see this before it leaves.

On a sadder note, a close friend got some very bad test results back from a CT scan he had yesterday. After he communicates with some family and other people we'll start praying for him by name. It's just hard to think of much else today.

As I kissed my sweet girls last night and put them in bed, I rejoiced for one more day here. I rejoiced that God is allowing me to experience the beauty of life and of love. These are very precious gifts and we often take them for granted.

Tonight we have TGI Wednesday again. The band is playing, Miss Melanie is reading a story to the kids and then we have a special guest speaker who will talk about priorities.

3 comments:

Peggy N Texas said...

Great pics of the girls. They looked like they had been to fairy land!

So sorry to hear of your friend. I remember the day I heard my best friend had breast cancer. What can you do, what can you say?.... and you want to carry the burden with them. Being 500 miles away I could nothing but listen and pray!I listened but still felt helpless. I prayed and still felt helpless. She is doing better and I am still listening and praying! I will be praying for your friend....for God knows his name!

Thank you for the peek inside the new CD! It is great!!!! I love the "Prayer" and it really spoke to me. I can see listening to this during a communion service and feel the touch of grace.

There is Peter Pan, there is music and there is a peek! Winning does have its priviledges. I will be waiting anxiously for my own copy! I liked the "Life" one but the "Prayer" was my fav.

See! I chose June 6th because of my parents being married for over 60 years on that day and my daughter being married over 5 years on that same date. It is a good date and I know Sam will be special in his own right!

You guys are great and do a great service to all who listen! Keep up the good work.

One Winner, Peggy in Texas!

courtney said...

Hi Brandon. I stumbled upon your blog through links and links of others. You won't remember me, but I remember you (your family....your dad). I'm probably better known as Brady and Lindsay's sister or Hadley and Gaynell's daughter and I was a Bowie Bobcat under the reign of the BEST PRINCIPAL EVER...Sam Thomas, of course. I'm glad he has a namesake now. What a beautiful family you have!! Congratulations on the new addition.

Courtney Hall-Edwards

P.S. Try the Blue Bell "Birthday Cake" flavor. Unbelievable!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful girls. Boy, Maddie sure looks like her mom. They are both beautiful. Man, I didn't even know there was a little Sam. That is fantastic. Have you posted any pictures of him? Has he learned to be a prankster yet like his grandad was? It has been awhile since I have checked your blog. I will be back more frequently. Give your mom a hug and tell her my oldest son, Coby just signed with the Washington Nationals. His life dream is coming through for him. Thanks for the great pictures. Love ya. Nancy Kirk