Thursday, June 09, 2005

We're all glad to be home. We came home yesterday around lunch and had two very excited girls. They practically smothered him. I'll try and post some pictures of the return home later this week.

Baby Sam is as cute as can be. He has been sleeping a lot--except in the middle of the night when he ought to. Although we still don't think it's a case of mixing up his days and nights. I think he's just getting adjusted.

We've had some friends drop by and celebrate with us. It's so fun welcoming a child into the world. It never fails to amaze me--the gift of birth. I mean, how can anyone see something like that and not believe in God? I know it happens, but I think people have to be blind not to see God's hand in this whole thing.

Last night Ella wanted to say bedtime prayers. She said, "Deh Gah, bless Mommy, Daddy, Ella, Baby Sahhm...NOT Maddie." Then she grinned and added, "I just kidding, Gah." That girl. Then this morning she came in and laid her head on my shoulder after she woke up and said, "Oh, honey. You're my honey." Precious.

We've had a great day playing outside. My mom brought over the giant whale pool that sprays water from it's nose and we played long and hard. I bought some annuals at Wal-Mart this morning (on sale for one dollar) and planted them in the garden. I don't know where this that burst of energy came from. Afterwards I thought I was going to pass out.

It's been fun having family here. Sheryl's parents leave tomorrow. We've been blessed by their presence. We're going to enjoy one more night of card playing and eating. I'm going to win.

Thanks again for all your warm wishes and messages of love and support. We appreciate you!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hi, Sweet Family!

HALLELUJAH!! I am SO glad to FINALLY find out that Sam has arrived safely, and is being loved and cuddled. Am also thankful that Sheryl is doing well and all are now healthy. No more hurling from Maddie, I presume?

Apologies for just now adding my congratulations. I have spent this week with breath suspended. We signed up for broadband over the weekend, and they shut down all my E-mail/internet capacity. I couldn’t do anything until John got home from Coventry (where he worked this week) tonight. Your 'place' was the first we checked.

Wish I could see the pics. But there will be time for that. Just praying you all can get some rest after the excitement and adrenalin wear off. If Baby Sam is a laid back little fella, that in itself will be as much a miracle as his birth. WOW!

All God's blessings, and lots of hugs!

Love -
Debi

Stephen Bailey said...

Ha! Ella, that's my kind of prayer! So sweet and funny! Glad you guys are getting settled. Can't wait to meet Sam the man in person.

Scott Hall said...

Brandon,

I came across your blog and saw your good news! Congratulations! As a father of 4, I have treasured every one of their births as an incredible miracle. It is great to see how God is using you these days.

My wife, Dina, (she went to high school with you at Wylie) says congrats as well!

God bless,
Scott Hall