Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Jason and Alisha are getting married in about 2 weeks! We met today to discuss and finalize plans for the service. I'm so excited to be marrying them. The whole ZOE team will be very involved in the celebration.

My mom and I got to see KO and Marilyn Long today from Abilene. KO used to own and run Jeffory's Village Peddler where I worked for a while as a student along with friends like Jeff Berry, Kristen Cottier Brown (I KNOW YOU'RE READING!!), Brooke Lorenz Nichols, Stan "the man", and others. It was great to see them. They haven't changed a bit.

Kiki is coming over tonight to keep the kids (I can no longer say "girls"--weird!!). We're going on our first date night. I am thankful for Kiki and her willingness to help us. (back from our date--we had a great night! We ate outside at Jackson's in Hillsboro Village. What a beautiful night!)

A friend and I were talking about some of the old days at Belmont Church. It was so neat to talk about some of those days when John Elliott and Michael W. Smith used to lead worship. Don Finto was the senior pastor and they were exciting times. It made me remember how very thankful I am for John Elliott. I learned a lot about what I do today from that man. There are very few leaders anywhere who have the heart and gift combination that he has. He has made a real difference in my life. I pray that I can pass that on.

Thank you, Lord, for the men and women who have brought your grace into our lives. Thank you for the teaching that has happened in quiet moments. Thank you for the example and the love that has been given so unselfishly. Thank you for those servants of yours who have taught me more about joy and following Jesus. Thank you for all those I don't know yet who You will use to impact me and soften my heart for your purposes. I am so glad you've chosen to use broken vessels. Their brokenness and healing have taught me about you more than any sermon or book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh KO and Marilyn...Scott their son and his wife Meredith are two of my best and dearest friends. They are about to move out of my building in Dallas. They just bought their first house. Oh me!! It was fun to read that!
Molly Carrigan

Anonymous said...

Great!! Now you've outted me and I have to comment. Thanks a lot BST. I'm honored to have been deemed worthy of a reference on your blog. :) Have a good day, my friend. We'll see you Wednesday night at dinner/church.
Kristen

Val said...

Interesting tidbit- Marilyn Long was Connor's teacher this year. She was great. Also, Stan "the man" is about to open a restaurant in downtown Abilene. I am excited. I think it will be a cool place since he and Robbie are getting to design it from the very beginning. They are claiming it will carry "upscale truckstop" cuisine.

Finally, I remember a commercial I did with Ben Stevens, Matt Duncan and Burke Brack (I think) for Bug Doctor. We were termites singing barbershop. It won an "Addy." Bizarre...

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

yeah--remember, I sang with you on that. And yes--it won an Addy.