Sunday, June 05, 2005

OK, so maybe it wasn't the last time to blog before Sam. I had to write about the events of the afternoon. After church we went back to the summer kick-off for the youth program in the fellowship hall. It was complete with lights, music, a specila appearance by Hall and Oats (AKA: Rubio and Jordan House), and several Rubio style videos. The reason we went was because the youth interns did a While You Were Out video of last the events last week. I wanted Sheryl to be there and enjoy the fruits of her hard work. She planned the While You Were Out thing for David and Becky Rubio while they were gone on vacation. I just cannot tell you what an amazing thing it was to see the before and after. Sheryl had a crazy idea and because she loves them so much, and because everyone loves them so much, it spread like wild fire. Watching her on the video made me cry. I am so proud that I am married to someone who is that kind of a friend. Becky Rubio came over last night with the kids and wanted to hear every detail from Sheryl. I know they had fun talking about it.

This woman who manages a complete remodeling project at 38 weeks in her pregnancy, who laughs and shares, who cooks and creates; this woman who is now almost 40 weeks pregnant and still amazing beautiful--THIS is who I get to be married to. My kids will grow up knowing her as their mom. WOW! Why God blessed me like this I can never know. But I sure am grateful.

No comments: