Friday, July 01, 2005

I was half way afraid to touch my computer this morning. It seems everything I touch is falling apart over the last 24 hours. My flip phone flipped out and completely broke in two. I went to the Sprint place this morning and begged them to help me retrieve the information on it...146 business and personal contacts. The guy smugly chirped, "Yeah, right!" (BAMMA) I said, "If I were some international criminal with spy contacts on this phone, you know there'd be a way." He laughed and said no. "Well, if Marshall from 'Alias' were here, he'd know how," I said under my breath. UGH!!

Then, it was hotter here yesterday than it's been in years, according to the news. I crawled into my Blazer after work yesterday just wanting to get home and crawl in bed. It was like 250 degrees in my car. Apparently, the rear view mirror's adhesive melted. Yeah, melted. There's some cord that goes into the mirror to keep bright lights soft or something--I've never used it. That cord is holding the mirror up there. It looks like I have some big thing hanging and swinging from my mirror, but no--it's the mirror itself. Nice. It bangs around on the windshield when I drive. Here's a picture for you. (notice the Thomas Texans sticker in the front right corner!)




On a different note, Maddie had some fun at the Williamson's this week but had a collision with the swing--just in time for her 4th birthday party pictures. I took this of her this morning after breakfast. Notice the nice green and blue bruise on her head. (At least it's a bruise that goes away quickly and she didn't cut chunks of her hair off or something weird--although this morning hair picture may look like she did that too.)



Since I'm sharing pics--here's one of Ella from this morning too.



Tomorrow's the big birthday party day for Maddie. She is having a small get together in our backyard with a few friends and Tinker Bell. Tinker Bell is her character of choice right now. Chris (Fajita) and Gail are driving in with Sierra and Canaan and we're planning a fun holiday weekend. I'll have pictures to share next week.

Here's one last picture I've leave with you. I think I mentioned earlier in the week that some of our Life Group went to support one of our group members, Geof Vickers, in a bike race in Cookeville last Sunday. Geof had a major accident on his bike. He's fine now--and because he's fine, I can show this amazing picture. I like to call it, "Screaming Geof". He was mangled in a mess of bikes and riders--his bike isn't even in this picture. It had flown over his head. Notice that his arm is about to be caught in the spokes of another bike--they thought he broke it, but thankfully, it was only a sprain. If you're wondering which one Geof is, he's the screamer.



Have a great weekend, and for heaven's sake--drive safely.

6 comments:

CL said...

Brandon, that is hilarious. Susan's parents were in Nashvegas this week and they made the comment that the front of your house (if that's your house in the picture) looks like the same neighborhood as Susan's brother. I think it's called Banbury Place or something. Great post brother! God bless!

Thurman8er said...

I'm Marshall J. Flenckman, and I'm here to rescue your flip phone!

Killin' me, dude.

Malia said...

Oh my word! I know everyone says Maddie looks like you and she does, but that picture is Sheryl all over! And Ella, sweet Ella, wait no picture of the other mini-me? What's this blog come too?

:-)Happy 4th and Happy B-day to Maddie:-)

Tony Arnold said...

You can use some acetone to clean away the old glue from the window (Home Depot) and glue it back with super glue or some mirror adhesive you can get at a Car Parts store.

Being a former electrical engineer, I don't buy the phone crap. Someone should be able to get your info, especially if it is a newer phone. Just because he didn't know doesn't mean it can't be done. Ask him how he would move the data from that phone to a new one if you were upgrading. Bet they'd do that!

Tony

Clarissa said...

Yes ... as Maddie matures, I see Sheryl in her more and more. She definitely can't deny either her mommy OR her daddy!

Sorry you had such a rough day, Brandon. I'll tell you my numbers again if you'll ask nicely.

Peggy N Texas said...

I have been on vacation so I am a day behind. But I have a complaint. Is this the complaint department?

I thought there were priviledges for winning the baby pool! I got a chance to hear the first mix and now I want to hear more!

I want to complain that if others get to hear it, what are the priviledges? Oh yeah, a free CD. Okay, I won't complain any more.

I would love to hear more of the mixes and get more of a taste of the new CD. I will wait patiently for mine.

Have a great summer and hope you get some sleep.

Peggy in Texas